Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden words - going a little crazy?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've just tried to post a response which I thought was very standard - shouldn't have caused any issues, I really can't see what the forbidden words/phrases filter is concerned about.

Just to show I'm not going crazy - I took a screenshot

[Screenshot - denied posting because of forbidden stuff|http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/85a1854aa6.jpg]

I'm really not sure what is wrong with this post. I have the strangest feeling, that if I tried it again in a few hours, it would work. what is going on? As happened when I tried to respond to a different thread in this forum.

Is there something funny happening with this filter? or is there really something legitimately wrong with my post? Perhaps linking to other threads is now not allowed?

Please help me understand!

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't see anything obvious either....

There is a "space" between the thread number and the curly brackets. Try remove it (though I don't think there is any syntax checker...).

Cheers,

Julius

ps: Lets try

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to define the table handler as an attribute of your controller/view (this is so that it can be referenced outside of the WDDOMODIFYVIEW).

it should be a type ref to IF_WD_TABLE_METHOD_HMDL.

the onToggle event is available if you create a toggle button (which can be useful for showing/hiding filters).

This blog [which is about using the table handler for sortinq|http:/Miww.sdn.sap.com>irj/scnM'eblogs?blog=.rfpubMilgrt5979] might help you as it covers many of the same steps as implementing your own filter.

gives a good summary of how to implement filters.

Edited:

Changed the thread ID number only (793992)

Edited by: maheshchandra.lanco on Aug 16, 2010 3:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to define the table handler as an attribute of your controller/view (this is so that it can be referenced outside of the WDDOMODIFYVIEW).

it should be a type ref to IF_WD_TABLE_METHOD_HMDL.

the onToggle event is available if you create a toggle button (which can be useful for showing/hiding filters).

This blog [which is about using the table handler for sortinq|/people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/07/22/webdynpro-abap-quick-tips-10table-column-sorting-in-four-steps] might help you as it covers many of the same steps as implementing your own filter.

gives a good summary of how to implement filters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct. The thread ID number itself is in the content filters.

Number { t h r e a d: i d = 7 9 3 9 9 1 } is not allowed because the word "u r g e n t" appears in it's title!

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 16, 2010 11:53 AM

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 16, 2010 11:54 AM

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 16, 2010 11:56 AM

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

It didn't occur to me to check something that didn't appear in the text that I typed... worth remembering that it is the rendered text that is checked not the entered text.

I guess in this case the simplest solution would have been to inserted a URL link rather than a tag. I can understand why the check routine doesn't tell you what is wrong (as that means that those trying to post forbidden text would find it too easy to get around the filter) but it is really irritating in these sort of cases.

All - Thanks for helping find the solution!

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this (the scripting and the words in the same filter) is what ancient Italians refered to as [ex falso quodlibet|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_explosion] : Using the same thing for different use-cases and expecting different results...

Cheers,

Julius

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And did I say Julius you are scary good at what you do. Wow. And you are so erudite. What a wealth of non-technical knowledge to boot.

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I confess that I did have to look up the word "erudite" and one of my friends also informed me that "ancient Italians" are more widely known as "Romans".

So... even on a bad day I am scary. Gud!

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now it will work. The tag checks the text of the linked thread's subject title in addition to your own text.

I think this is because the primary reason for the filters is to prevent cross-site-scripting.

The naughty words are a byproduct...

Cheers,

Julius

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I read the post of yours and find nothing against any rule. This is weird:)) Otto

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i tried the same ( the text in the image) and getting the same result.

moderators has to respond on this and check for those hidden/illegal words in that text

Regards,

Mahesh