Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job is taking long time to complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

WP has reached abap/heaplimit = 40894464 bytes

HI All,

Background job is taking long time to complete, when i check workprocess trace (copying the trace below)dailog workprocess heap has reached max limit after that all the workprocess has restarted.

here my question is ,

1) when the dialog workprocess reaches max limit only that paticular workprocess has reatart why all the workprocess are reatarting

2) if heap_area_total reaches max limit background job has to canclled with memory dump why it is holding hours

Could you please someone suggest me to overcome this situation.

WP has reached abap/heaplimit = 40894464 bytes

Sun Aug 15 20:15:32 2010

• ERROR => User IP16200P08 reached avail. heapsize = 32767 MB: see ST22 [abstor.c 1778]

• ERROR => Increase abap/heap_area_total [abstor.c 1780]

• ERROR => heap memory WP0: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP1: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP2: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP3: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP4: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP5: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP6: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP7: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP8: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP9: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP10: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP11: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP12: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP13: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP14: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

• ERROR => heap memory WP15: 0 MB [abstor.c 1783]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

two things here

abap/heaplimit only tells the work process that you restart the work process at the next available opportunity. The actual heap memory available(abap/heap_area_dia/non_dia) for this may be well beyond this. The long running should be studied with St12 traces and sm50.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this problem happening only when your run any one particular report/program/job or with any job. If its with only one particular report/program/job then might be problem with that. So, if its any customized one then work with ABAPER in fine tunning it or if its any standard then definetly there might some notes for it which you can search in service market place.

If its happening with all report/program/job then seems to be probelm of memory bottle neck. I would suggest you to schedule a Early watch alert report and if possible if you have not used the free Early watch session then schedule the same with SAP where they would analyze the system and would suggest for improvement in all areas.

Also, provide the details of current SPECs of the server so that we can suggest some ways.

Regards,

Sharath