cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data migration from Oracle to MAXDB

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have question about data migration from Oracle to MAXDB based on SAP ECC6.0.

We are planning to migrate our existing ECC6.0-Oracle system to ECC 6.0- MAXDB. I have set two demo system where I can test migration, but while installing target system I am getting following error.

"The migration key for a heterogeneous system copy is wrong."

I have generated migration key from SAP and tried multiple time but it didn't work.

So could anyone assist me to find out cause of this. Please let me know if any pre-requisites that I might missed during this migration. It will be appreciated if some one share more details on ORACLE to MAXDB migration.

Thanks and regards

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Answered

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

This is a tricky one. You may have noticed that even if you copy in the values from the SAP Note mentioned in earlier posts or even if you are copying it off PDF files.

Most of the times the Migration key which has to be entered manually is mis typed, we found that generally such errors occur when we mis type 'l' for 'i' and vice versa.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Always copy and paste keys (whether solution manager or migration keys or any other keys) as typing mistakes may happen.

Good Luck

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see Notes:

- 1317500 Hom./Het.System Copy SAP NW 7.0 incl. EHP 1 SR1

- 1120872 Hom./Het.System Copy SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3

This notes containing valid migration keys.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you get the key from the note referenced,

login as <sid>adm

exexute

R3load -K <migration_key>

This tests the correctness of the key.

So that you can be sure that mig key is correct and then continue with the import.

Regards

Ratnajit

Edited by: Ratnajit Dey on Aug 20, 2010 10:30 AM