cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable packaging process-Vendor-Company-Customer???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have searched through the internet as well as on this forum but I was not able to find the information I am looking for.

I have the following issue concerning the Returnable packaging process in SAP:

I need to gather overall information concerning the returnable packaging. The info concerning returnable packaging in relation 'my company' - 'customer' is quite accessible, however what about the process from vendor's side?

The process is as follows:

My vendor provides me with some materials that come with returnable packaging (e.g.Pallet01) -> Assuming I am just a middleman, I sell the goods to my customer and also send them on Pallet01 (one day my customer must return the pallet to me and I must return it to the vendor).

- What are the settings I must set in customizing and in material master?

- How would the process look like in the system?

- In what report I can see how many Pallets I owe to the vendor and how many Pallets each customer should return to me (is there one report that would show everything or do I have to use separate reports)?

- How do I proceed if the vendor decides to invoice me for the pallets or I decide to invoice my customer (I would like to know the best practices)?

If there is an existing topic here (I was no able to find one) or any materials on the net I would be also grateful for the links.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find the link on "returnable packaging" with config & process steps.

another link posted by mate,

This may not completely address your issue. The above link will help you in customization & proces from SD perspective.

From MM View: I am not sure, whether you can able to issue the ret. packaging goods (which is reserved wrt:vendor) to the Customer. My assumption is, stock should be in plant / un-restricted to issue to the customer.

From MMBE- you can find the stock @ Vendor / Customer. or run MB5B with mov type & special stock indicator

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can you show me how config this in MM view.

Because my company just among, vendor and customer.

I dont know how vendor invoice me. I can bill Customer by LN, but it without VPRS (cost = 0, in delivery dont have accounting document)

hepl me please

many thank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Think you are trying to say if the pack material got lost at customer. If the materail has not returned to vendor within so and so days vendor invoices to you and you can inturn invoice the customer.

This is just a credit memo and debit memo. Nothing else. Create your packing material with item categiry group LEIH, LEER, or any 'L' starting group. I dun know the exact itemcategory group. Once you maintain the right item category group, when you do MIGO system shows stocks/vendor.

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards,

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please show me know how can I tracking the empty cylinder.

and how can I bill this if customer dont return, and how vendor invoice me.

I dont know the movement of cylinder.

Please

I cant find any training document for Empty management. If you have, please give link to down it. I just down .ppt, I cant find config doc. and bp doc.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz, help me?

I dont have any solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all?

Please help me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help me, help me!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellloooo!

Everybody here???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kevinthai,

Let me try to give you a solution.

Item category group of the packing material would be third party item LEER*

Once the material comes inside the company you can treat this as a vendor item with the item category group I suggested*. For better clarity on stock, you need to separate this packing material with your trading main material when you do GR and post in different storage locations. Make sure the GR of main material will be in one storage location and packing material will be another sloc.

Let me come to sales part, you can create a BOM for main item with the packing item. For eg. For every 10 sales qty (Material code= M1) you require one packing material. Maintain a BOM with header material will be M1 and item material will M1= 10 and maintain your returnable item as 1. You need to activate recursive BOM functionality for the material M1.

Maintain the M1 as item category group as LUMF.

So when you create SO for 10 items for M1, header item M1 =10, Item level M1=10 (Price applicable for this line item) and your packing matl item category would be TAL*

Then in SO you need to activate user exit in MV45AZ, USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP*. This is required that at SO level itself system needs to determine multiple storage locations for each item. This means your main item will be at one storage location and packing material will be at another storage location.

Now when you post GI, just see the delivery type of this packing material and how it behaves. Since the item category group of packing material is third party item, I think system would have post this packing material like consignment stock at customer.

You have to see first this scenario in MM perspective how he can handle this packing material at GR and post in separate storage location. After that you can easily achieve the scenario by my thread.

There could be possible errors in my suggestion, since I canu2019t demonstrate the process and give you a right soln. But I am sure if you replicate the process what I said you can easily arrive the right solution for the scenario.

*May not the right one I suggested. Please check from your end.

Good luck

Thanks & regards,

Deepu Pillai