Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Returnable packaging process-Vendor-Company-Customer???

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have searched through the internet as well as on this forum but I was not able to find the information I am looking for.

I have the following issue concerning the Returnable packaging process in SAP:

I need to gather overall information concerning the returnable packaging. The info concerning returnable packaging in relation 'my company' - 'customer' is quite accessible, however what about the process from vendor's side?

The process is as follows:

My vendor provides me with some materials that come with returnable packaging (e.g.Pallet01) -> Assuming I am just a middleman, I sell the goods to my customer and also send them on Pallet01 (one day my customer must return the pallet to me and I must return it to the vendor).

- What are the settings I must set in customizing and in material master?

- How would the process look like in the system?

- In what report I can see how many Pallets I owe to the vendor and how many Pallets each customer should return to me (is there one report that would show everything or do I have to use separate reports)?

- How do I proceed if the vendor decides to invoice me for the pallets or I decide to invoice my customer (I would like to know the best practices)?

If there is an existing topic here (I was no able to find one) or any materials on the net I would be also grateful for the links.

Thank you in advance!

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question