cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of SAP SOLMAN on Linux SUSE with Oracle 10G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

i'm installing SAP SOLMAN 7.0 on Linux SUSE 11 with Oracle 10G.

after installation of oracle 10G i can't see that the services are started, what is the command to launch to start services to check if all is fine about Oracle Installation the SID of oracle si SOL.

when i open sqlplus in a shell command i have nothing i don't have the SQL > like this.

Any help please ?

Best Regards.

Zied.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For installing SAP on Linux, you need to start installing the SAP first using the SAPINST. In the mid-way you will be prompted to install the oracle software. I hope you did like this. Else, install SAP and oracle as per the installation guide and then use the command ps -ef| grep ora to check the oracle services status.

Execute the command as a ora<SID> user. The root user will not be having access to login to the SQL prompt.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are following Standard Official Installation Guide & you have Installed Oracle properly.

when i open sqlplus in a shell command i have nothing i don't have the SQL > like this.

Under which user you are trying to open sqlplus prompt?

Under ora<dbsid> user you can open sqlplus prompt. Switch to ora<dbsid> user and execute "sqlplus "/as sysdba"

what is the command to launch to start services to check if all is fine about Oracle Installation

Try to get Oracle Listener service status by executing lsnrctl status command under ora<dbsid> user. Check its output. The Output will give you sufficient information if the SAP & Oracle installation are done properly.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff