Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction code KO88 need to be check at company code leval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need maintain authorization check at company code level for the transaction code KO88

Can you suggest what are the better approaches/solutions to meet this requirement

Thanks in Advance

Guru Prasad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it does not look like you can use standard authorization objects assigned to this transaction. This transaction is from CO module and this module does not use company codes directly. It uses controlling areas instead. You can see it in authorization object K_VRGNG which is checked in KO88.

It does not look like there is a suitable BADI either. So if you are on Netweaver you can try to use enhancement framework. In program KO71 which corresponds to transaction KO88 is subroutine ACTIVITY_AUTHORITY_CHECK where FM K_VRGNG_AUTHORITY_CHECK is used to check authorization for object K_VRGNG. It looks to me that it's a good point to use implicit enhancement point of this subroutine to add additional authorization check. In your case check for company code attached to internal order. But you need to test it properly and it might work only for this transaction. So if user can start settlement from somewhere else that your additional check might not be performed.

Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it does not look like you can use standard authorization objects assigned to this transaction. This transaction is from CO module and this module does not use company codes directly. It uses controlling areas instead. You can see it in authorization object K_VRGNG which is checked in KO88.

It does not look like there is a suitable BADI either. So if you are on Netweaver you can try to use enhancement framework. In program KO71 which corresponds to transaction KO88 is subroutine ACTIVITY_AUTHORITY_CHECK where FM K_VRGNG_AUTHORITY_CHECK is used to check authorization for object K_VRGNG. It looks to me that it's a good point to use implicit enhancement point of this subroutine to add additional authorization check. In your case check for company code attached to internal order. But you need to test it properly and it might work only for this transaction. So if user can start settlement from somewhere else that your additional check might not be performed.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Martin Voros

thanks lot

I would suggest to my client use enhancement framework for the same

regards

Prsad