cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Print Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am displaying the Adobe Print forms, in which I have the long text.

I want the text field box to expand dynamically based on the content passed, otherwise while printing the form the text is truncated.

Note - The longtext value is passed from my Driver Program.

Kindly assist me on the above functionality...

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to wrap the fields inside a subform and make sure you set it's Content to Flowed.

Also am not so sure if this is an "interactive" feature (dynamic field expansion) and is available in Print forms?

Hey Otto any clue?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the content flowed is a very useful/ important think, so please make sure it works this way in your form for all the parent subforms of the fields that gets truncated. to expand the field you don´t have to have your form dynamic, I believe. That is for some more difficult scripting things (when the form can change any time during runtime). Not 100% sure, but 99% it is.

regards Otto

p.s.: I wonder how do you pick the questions you consider "answered" (so asked the guys to use search), Chintan? This looks very basic to me:))

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on my mood 😛

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Floating fields are a useful thing, but doesn´t really help here. You´d better go to the Layout tab and there check auto-fit for height (maybe even width?) what will expand the height of the field/element so the content is all visible.

Of course check if the DDIc type you use in the backend is string, not to have the content truncated in the backend.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You need to use floating field for this purpose. just go to Insert -> floating field ....

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Geet