cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checksum mismatch for download packges

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have downloaded the SAP ERP 6.0 IDES version.

The files 51034985 IDES SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 Inst. (Export 1 of 23 to 23 of 23) have the SHA-256 checksum 888d396e224ba84655b319328766c2de732bdc289deb8495d567dbac7bc92703.

When the files are unpacked , it creates 3 directories 51034985_1 , 51034985_2, 51034985_3.

However only 51034985_3 gives the correct checksum, while the first 2 directories give different checksums.

Does this mean, that my downloads are incorrect ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like that files that you downloaded are corrupted. Try to download if again with download manager.

Thanks

Sunny

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

I did try downloading it again with the SAP download manager, but like before , I got only the checksum of the 3rd folder matching , but not the first two.

I am doubting that I would get a corrupt download twice , and exactly for the same files.

I had actually tried installing the SAP ECC 6.0 but had got errors in the ABAP load stage. I was wondering if any of my files got corrupted ?

However , I was installing on a system with 2 GB RAM , perhaps it was bombing out. I am getting a 6 GB RAM machine tomorrow and will try out on that .

regards

rishi

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here is what I found

1. in solution manager download , after unzipping there was two folders , and each folder had different checksums . and was given in the info page . which makes sense as different folders with different files SHOULD , have different checksums. thats how integrity is checked.

2. however , I did remove one file from a previously matched checksumed folder , but I got the same checksum. makes me think that SAP checksum tool is faulty

but thanks for your reply sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think main problem of your is memory. 2GB memory is very less for an ERP system. Try to install the system with more memory.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree that 2 gb is quite small.But if it is only abap stack then you can go ahead.I had done installation with 2 gb but that was onl abap stack and no java stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree that 2 gb is quite small.But if it is only abap stack then you can go ahead.I had done installation with 2 gb but that was onl abap stack and no java stack.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

!