cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was updating my CE 7.11 system to CE 7.20 system using ceupdatemanager. I have done this once before so I know that I am following the correct procedure.

However, this time, during the upgrade, ceupdatemanager restarted the AS JAVA but the java stack failed to startup.

In dev_server0, I see the following error message:

JVMX version - Jun 10 2010 22:44:48 - 61_REL - optU - aix ppc64 - 6 - bas2:138075 (mixed mode)

J Error occurred during initialization of VM

J Could not find agent library on the library path or in the local directory: instrument

F [Thr 258] *** LOG => SfCJavaVm: abort hook is called.

Does anybody know what this means? I have checked SAP Note 1316652, but unable to find a solution to this.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shitij.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij

What is your JVM patch level?

The error seems to be saying "could not find the agent library", which should be referring to "agent.jar" file, and probably from Wily.

Did you configured Wily for this CE7.2 system?

If yes, please check the following note which might be helpful for you:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1504655

Best Regards,

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Sorry for updating this thread so late. We were able to solve the issue with SAP's help.

We reported an OSS message and SAP took note of the problem and involved their development team. They then realized that Wily had an issue with JVM 6 and thus this problem was caused. Then, they gave me a work around but only when I pushed them about this not being documented anywhere (because I had already searched for SAP notes and found none), they created a SAP Note 1504655 (one that Thunder eventually found out after we pushed SAP to create a note).

Our issue was solved by setting the two parameters as per this note.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please mark this thread as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij,

Great answer, I am also solved my issue based your answer. Thank You very much.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Set up the below environment variables and your are good to go

JAVA_HOME and

jstartup/vm/home

Cheers
Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij,

We are having this exact problem. Did you solve this? If so, can you reply to this thread with the solution?

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error seems that the Java version/the JAVA_HOME path is incorrect. Check whether u have installed the corect JRE version(as mentioned in the standard SAP guide) and set the JAVA_HOME environment variable correctly for the user.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, this is a CE 7.11 system and fyi CE does not require a separate jre as it uses the jre from sapjvm.

This is the case with our other CE systems as well. However, it is only during the update of this system that this problem has happened.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is the case update the SAPJVM and then try whether you could proceed.

NB: Hope u r using the latest CEUPDATEMANAGER.

Regards,

Varadharajan M