cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster for SAP ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My enterprise plans to use SAP ERP 6.0. System will it is torn on a cluster from 2 nodes. As OS we plan to use Windows 2008 R2. For cluster development I use the document "Installation Guide SAP ERP 6.0 - EHP4 Ready ABAP on Windows: Oracle

(Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 1) ".

In chapter 7.3.4"Installing the Central Services Instance for ABAP (ASCS)" for creation of cluster group it is underlined:

k) Right-click the service and application SAP <SAPSID>.

l) Choose Add a resource Add File Server.

m) Double-click New File Server.

n) In the New File Server Properties window, change the Resource Name from New File Server into SAP <SAPSID> FileServer.

Problems in that in the parameter list "Add File Server" in the menu "Add a resource" is not present. The server possesses such role, nevertheless "Add File Server" in the list misses.

How to me in that case to fulfill requirements on creation service and application SAP <SAPSID>?

P.S. All updates on ноды a cluster are installed

P.P.S Points of the instruction are carried out to k).

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Windows 2008 R2 is supported. Please check SAP Note# 1490337, page number 3

Solution: Run command prompt as administrator and execute the following command

C:\Windows\system32>cluster res "SAP <SID> FileServer" /CREATE /GROUP:"SAP <SID>" /TYPE:"File Server"

Note: Make changes according to your <SID>

Best of Luck

Khalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid that you have used Windows Server 2008 R2 which is yet to be supported by SAP ([Reference|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1383873]).

Check whether you have the cluster configured at the OS level and also check whether you are able to resolve the IP address of the cluster nodes from your virtual host.

If needed get help from your network admin and carry out the necessary checks for a clustered environment at the OS/network level.

Regards,

Varadharajan M