Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Guide for Enhancement Pack 4 for ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to analyse the impact of applying Enhancement pack 4 for ECC 6.0, Can someone help me find any security guides for it.

It is an existing system and few additional modules are being implemented.

Kind Regards.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to this link

Service.sap.com , quick links, section S-security, pick SAP ERP 2005 security guide

under that choose the following topic:

Update SAP ERP 2005 Security Guides, EHP4 /Update SAP ERP 2005 Sicherheitsleitfaden, EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have applied EHP4 on an exisiting(running) ECC 6.0 System. Can someone help me find answers to below queries

a) What is the SAP standard process to start with Security bit.

b) Do we need to run SU25 steps. If yes, which one of them.

c) Since the purpose of applying EHP4 was to activate few set of new business functionalities, we intend to affect the existing security design at the minimal. What is the best approach for this.

Kind Regards,

Abdul

0 Kudos

Hi Abdul Raheem,

In my earlier posting :

The link I provided it has the security upgrade guide also did you read that?

b) Do we need to run SU25 steps. If yes, which one of them.

In a similar conversation in this forum one strong answer was no if you just upgraded EHP4.0

but please look at the guide.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to run SU25 but there migh be some additional work if you want to activate additional business functions. SAP provides a nice tool called [Impact Analyzer|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/fe/c97c8f88754f9e9265bd4520b22970/frameset.htm]. It determines which roles and users might be affected by switching on a business function.

Cheers