cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC supplier text not getting to ERP correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just implement SRM 7 classic scenario. When creating the sc the user is putting a hard return in the supplier text. When the text is transfered to ERP on the PO the hard return comes in as a # sign. When I open the PO in ERP, I can view the # sign by viewing the Texts and changing to the SAP Script Editor. Has anybody else seen this? I created a msg w/ SAP and they continue to refer me to the output but don't think this is an issue w/ the output. I believe this is an issue on how SRM transfers the text from SRM to ERP. Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

split the long texts where # sign is found and insert as separate line in long text of Header or Item.The below is the code to fix your question.You do this code in an FM and plug in this FM in BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI.

DATA : lt_vendor_msg TYPE TABLE OF string,

ls_vendor_msg LIKE LINE OF lt_vendor_msg.

loop at it_longtext ASSIGNING <fs_text>.

ls_longtext = <fs_text>.

ON CHANGE OF <fs_text>-guid.

ls_longtext_cp-counter = 0.

ENDON.

SPLIT ls_longtext-tdline AT cl_abap_char_utilities=>newline INTO TABLE lt_vendor_msg.

LOOP AT lt_vendor_msg INTO ls_vendor_msg.

ls_longtext_cp-guid = <fs_text>-guid.

ls_longtext_cp-tdid = <fs_text>-tdid.

ls_longtext_cp-tdspras = <fs_text>-tdspras.

ls_longtext_cp-tdformat = <fs_text>-tdformat.

ls_longtext_cp-tdline = ls_vendor_msg.

ls_longtext_cp-counter = ls_longtext_cp-counter + 1.

APPEND ls_longtext_cp TO et_longtext.

ENDLOOP.

endloop.

Map et_longtext in the BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI Badi implementation.This will solve the problem.

Regards,

Deviprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input. I copied the text into Word but that didn't really show me anything.

But in my testing today I looked at the text in the ECC through the portal and it was correct. Even the output was correct. This makes me more confused. What would make the output look differently through the portal when I am executing the same transaction?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

whatever character manually we type in the SRM text it will copy into the PO text withoutany issues.(Puchasers's to Purchaser's)

for example :- if i copy the below text from word to SRM portal ( Puchasers's to Purchaser#s) so this apostrope turned to hash .

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. or ex " apostrope turned to # ( i you copy the text from ms word and paste it in the supplier text) it happens.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynda

Standard Text mapping is pretty much a standard functionality. If a junk character is flowing from SRM to ECC, then try investigating what kind of data is being transferred from SRM to ECC. Ask your tech team to check what data is pushed from SRM to ECC in this case and see if it is introduced somewhere there.

Revert back with more details if you still dont find anything there.

Regards

Virender Singh