Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine JDBC driver on 7.1

former_member296836
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

how can I determine which JDBC driver are already installed and can be used in adapter?

I know we could determine with extract following file:

D:\usr\sap\D31\DVEBMGS00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib\SAP AG\3\7.0014.20071029095337.0000\aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda.zip

But the SDM folder does not exist on 7.1. system.

Is there no other possibility to determine directly without accessing file system?

In NWA

Configuration Management -> Infrastructure -> Application Resources

I can select JDBC drivers, but that are not the one for JDBC adapter, are they?

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After the upgrade you have to deploy the com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda did you deploy it?

com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib.sda is changed to com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda

Please go through the below url

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/e6fb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

how can I determine which JDBC driver are already installed and can be used in adapter?

Yes, you are correct ... SDM is no more with 7.1x, so now you have to use JSPM.

You can check for drivers in the archive - com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda

Steps to deploy drivers by JSPM -

1. Download the required JDBC driver from DB manufacturer's side. Note that the Driver version shall be considered, you can get the DB version first, and then determine which JDBC driver version you shall use.

2. Add the driver to the com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda archive.

3. Edit the provider.xml descriptor by adding the line <jar-name>driver-jar</jar-name> for each provider-specific JAR file in the <jars> section.

4. Start JSPM and deploy the changed com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda. Restart AS Java. The drivers are now known to the JDBC adapter and can be used.

Please make a search on SDN / SAP Help in case you need more detailed information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh