cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPgui 7.20. Use multiple saplogon.ini files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With SAPgui 7.20 you can make subdirectories in SAPlogon. Is it possible to assign more then one saplogon.ini file to saplogon and display the systems in separate subdirectories?

Now I use 2 seperate SAPlogons with each their own saplogon.ini. One containing the system I use most, and one containing all the (demo) systems of my company. It would be great If I could use one saplogon containing the systems from both ini files in different subdirectories.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPGUI/SAPLOGON can only open once at a time.

take the SAPLOGON.INI file that contains the most entries, then create entries from the other SAPLOGON.INI manually.

unfortunately, you cannot merge 2 saplogon.ini easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible. There are new possibilities to merge saplogon.ins from different locations with sapgui 7.20.

You can put a central saplogon.ini on a global share for all users and then you can merge it with another one with local entries (test systems).

The systems which belong to the central saplogon.ini are "grey" and the system which belog to the local saologon.ini are black.

It works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain how to do it because this sounds like exactly what I need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have any experience with this but plan to look into it. I believe where they are mentioning this is under the SAP GUI configuration within 7.20. Look at the SAP Logon options. Under there you will find a configuration files option. There you can define the location of the saplogon.ini file as well as one from a server. The one from a serveer however is stated for XML. Again, I have no previous experience with this and perhaps someone else on the forum has, but perhaps this is where you could begin.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at SAP note 1426178 - SAP Logon (Pad) 7.20: server configuration file

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can you download sapgui 7.20 for the Mac? I have looked all over the web site (the worse i have ever seen)--can't find it anywhere.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

a good start to find where to download SAP GUI for Java would be the announcements of new versions in this forum like [this one|;.

Hope this helps

Rolf-Martin

P.S. For questions not related to a current thread, it is recommended to start a new thread.

Answers (0)