cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP logon error GSS-API.dll with Windows 7 64-bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

After installing SAP 710 perfectly fine on Windows 7 64bit and putting appropriate single sign on files in correct locations, I get an error when trying to log on. It says "Unable to load the GSS-API.DLL named sncgss32.dll". This exact install works on all other platforms, including Server 2008 64bit. I'm at a loss. Please help. THX

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any chance you can post more details about the steps you took? We are having the same problem and I have upgraded to the 7.2 version of the SAP Gui and placed the sncgss32.dll file in the sys64wow directory. I still get the same error.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't have to upgrade to the 7.2, though i do now have it working with both versions. Did you also make sure the saplogon.ini file is in c:\windows and the services file is in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc ? I did that and put the sncgss32.dll in the system32 and sys64wow directories.

former_member79602
Discoverer
0 Kudos

When loading Cybersafe on Windows 7 64bit you will need to install the 64bit version of Cybersafe, in my case this was version 4.3.1 SR1. After the Cybersafe install you will need to copy the sncgss32.dll and gssapi32.dll from c:\Program files (x86) Cybersafe\Bin folder to c:\windows\sysWOW64 folder. When a 32bit app like SAP is installed on a 64bit OS Critical dll's will need to put in this folder. Also if you're using BEX the SNC_LIB variable needs to point to c:\Program files (x86) Cybersafe\Bin\sncgss32.dll.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am from CyberSafe company. If you find this thread on SCN, please DO NOT follow these instructions - they are wrong. If you need help using TrustBroker on 64-bit edition of Windows, please contact CyberSafe for support instead of using these instructions. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx guys for the help. After some more Google searching, I came across a tutorial for a college installation of this and found that the file (sncgss32.dll) needs to be copied into the Sys64WOW directory is 64bit OS and the system32 directory if 32bit. Didn't even know about Sys64WOW!!

All is working. THX again

Edited by: shiersche on Aug 13, 2010 7:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

I'll have to check with my parent company for a login account to get into the patches section.

John,

Not sure what you mean by SAProuter. I know that this file pertains to the Single sign-on functionality.

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a dll for the sap router.

Please note you have to define two environment variables:

1,SECUDIR

As user <snc>adm set the environment variables

SECUDIR = <directory_of_saprouter>

2,SNC_LIB

The environment variable SNC_LIB needs to be set for the user account

SAProuter is running under.

Here please check which user account your SAProuter is running under.

If there is still any problem, please refer to SAP Note 525751 and make

sure you had install SNC SAProuter properly.

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that sounds like a good solution. Where can I get patch 15?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Ok, that sounds like a good solution. Where can I get patch 15?

http://service.sap.com/patches

--> Frontend Patches

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makes sense though the sncgss32.dll is the file i've been using and used it on XP 32bit and server 2008 64bit and both login fine. Only on 7 does it throw this error. So, does that mean that Windows 7 is just being finicky or do I need a different file?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your event log, may be that will reveal something more.

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to install patch 15 or above of SAPGUI 7.10... or use SAPGUI 7.20.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though your OS is 64bit the SAPGUI application is still 32bit. A 32bit application can't load a 64bit DLL so you need to replace the 64bit one with a 32bit gssapi DLL.

Markus