cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Sender adapter - how to turn off authentication? PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I wolud like to turn off the user authentication in the Soap Sender Adapter PI 7.1. What is the easiest way to do so?

Regards,

Elling Skjetlein

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm trying out the Axis adapter. Have packaged and deployed the SDA file successfully.

But from here I'm unsure how to procees. Do anyone know some guide og documentation on how to use the soap adapter with Axis?

Br,

Elling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer these :-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/a4f8bbdfdc0d36e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

SAP Note 1028961

Before deployment, go through ReadMe.txt available in the zip.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can simply turn off authentication by changing the wsdl and adding the login/password hardcoded. Note that this is against everything security teaches us, but then again, so is an unsecured service of any kind. Just make sure to use a userid/password that is capable of nothing but executing the service and you should be fine.

Just add this to the endpoint:

&amp;j_username=<login>&amp;j_password=<password>

<wsdl:service name="XI_c217e283296e38a18dfc48480afe83df_Service">
<wsdl:port name="HTTP_Port" binding="p1:Service_osBinding">
<soap:address location="URL_WHERE_YOU_NEED_TO_ADD_IT" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"/>
</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>

Only in your WSDL file you'll get a very long and complex URL where I just put "URL_WHERE_YOU_NEED_TO_ADD_IT".

Just add it to the end of it and you'll bypass the login/pw.

Kr,

Frederik-Jan.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frederik-Jan,

this soved my problem.

Br,

Elling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wolud like to turn off the user authentication in the Soap Sender Adapter PI 7.1.

You can use SOAP Axis adapter where you can configure anonymous log-on.

Regards,

Neetesh

0 Kudos
prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of using Soap adapter, you may use HTTP adapter and include the dummy authentication details in the URL.

Or else there is an old discussion about the issue which is not really recommended.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elling

> I wolud like to turn off the user authentication in the Soap Sender Adapter PI 7.1. What is the easiest way to do so?

I don't think it is possible.

Regards

Ramesh