cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition rounding difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a billing document with multiple lines. I'm using a condition type to determine the Duty %. This duty condition is calculated from the value of the VPRS condition (Material cost * Qty). Therefore, the VPRS value is the base for the calculation of the duty %. The duty % applicable is 17.5%. Now in the billing document, this calculation has occurred correctly, except for one line. In the erroneous line, the VPRS value is 8.78, and the duty % is 17.5, and hence the value for the Duty condition should be (17.5 % * 8.78 = 1.54). Since, this is a negative condition, the value that should be in the billing document is 1.54-. However, currently, the value displayed in the billing doc is 0.01 (a positive value), and when I check the condition details, I see the following details:

Amount 17.55 %

Condition base value 8.78 AUD

Condition Value 0.01 AUD

CondRoundDiff 1.55

The settings of the condition type I used for duty is as follows:

Condition type : XDTY

Condition Class : A - Discount or surcharge

Calculat. Type: A - Percentage

Condit. Category : blank

Cond. Control : F - Condition Value Fixed (Billed

Condit. Origin : A - Automatic Pricing

This condition (XDTY) is a group condition, as well as an item condition, and is statistical.

Now what I want to find out is what a "Condition Rounding Difference" is? How this is calculated in the system? And what can be done to correct this? All your valuable input and support is highly appreciated. We want to close this billing doc, and include it in last month's sales. However, due to this issue we are finding it hard to get a closure on this. If we can fix this, maybe we can atleast try to post this as part of this month's sales.

All your feedback will be of tremendous value. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Please HELP!

Thanks,

Shazni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Since it is a group condition, if there is any difference between the...

....sum of all the values for this condition for all the line items

....the value which is supposed to be at header level (sum of VPRS * duty%)...

then the difference will be added to the line item which has the highest value for this condition / the first line item that has this condition type / the last line item that has this condition type. The difference can be a positive value or a negative value and it depends on the differential value between header and items total.

This CondRoundDIff will be reflected in the document when the document is saved or while creating the document, if you access the items and then if you access the header condition values, this will be activated and can be seen in the document.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the update. That was really helpful in understanding why the condition rounding difference occurred. Thus, from what I understand, would it correct for me to remove the group condition tick in the condition type XDTY, cancel the billing and re-do the billing? Will this help? The reasoning for removing the group condition tick is that the XDTY condition is based on material cost, and not on the total aggregate of the material cost. Therefore, it is an item condition and should not be a group condition (coz making it a group condition also makes it a header condition). Is my thinking correct?

Or is there any other way that I can make sure that the rounding difference does not happen again?

Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shazni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, friend

You can check the IMG setting in T-Code : V/06 for condition type 'XDTY'.

As it's a group condition, and I guess field "Rounding difference comparison" was checked.

If you don't need the rounding action, you can disable that field.

Pls refer to SAP note 80183 regarding Rounding for detail.

Hope that is the root cause, Thank you!

Wink