cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY Data Source (Change from RFC to SLD)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Under SMSY->products system->header data->data source, it is initially stated as 'SLD'.

After generating the RFC connections, the data source changes to 'TMS/RFC'.

What is the difference between using 'SLD' datasource and 'TMS/RFC' datasource?

How can I change the 'TMS/RFC' datasource back to 'SLD' datasource?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tzyy Ming

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tzyy Ming

Generally after initial creation of a system using a specific data source - we do not recommend to change the data source

It is strange that the data source has changed in this case - how was the system initially created ?

If the system was created manually - neither data source SLD or TMS/RFC are applicable

If the system was created via SLD - then it will only receive updates from SLD - and similiarly

if created via TMS/RFC it will only get updates from TMS/RFC

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

Under my SMSY_SETUP, the Automatic Data Transfer is currently set as 'SLD'. But as mentioned, the datasource in SMSY is stated as 'TMS/RFC'.

Hi Stuart,

The systems are created by running the landscape fetch job, grabbing information from the central SLD. I am puzzled on the datasource changing from SLD to TMS/RFC.

I hope to figure out the reason, but my priority now is to change the datasource from TMS/RFC back to SLD. Someone pls assist me.

Regards,

TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't think it should cuase any serious issues if its from TMS/RFC, but if you want to then completely delete the system from SMSY, remove the system from landscapes and products, make sure the system is on its own not assigned anywhere and then delete the system. i should make a very important note here is that if you have setup Solution monitoring in DSWP for alerts then you will lose this and you will need reconfigure this all from scratch. re-run SMSY_SETUP. RFC will remain untouched so you just select them from a dropdown menu in SMSY. it will assign it to a product and all you need to do is assign a client to the product list and assign to a landscape.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ZhangMingquan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Tzyy Ming,

You can refer to note 1335819, it explains the data source concept and why it changes from LMDB to TMS/RFC or RFC sometimes.

Regards,

Mike Zhang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I guess there is no harm using RFC. I will leave it as it is. Thanks all for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tzyy Ming,

What is the difference between using 'SLD' datasource and 'TMS/RFC' datasource?

When using the SLD datasource, all the system related information comes from the SLD which collects directly from the managed systems through the extractors (RZ70). Whereas using the TMS/RFC will use the TMS related RFC connections to read remotely the system information.

How can I change the 'TMS/RFC' datasource back to 'SLD' datasource?

Use transaction SMSY_SETUP to configure the data collection method.

Hope this helps.

STéphane.