cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Language Installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed Dutch in one of the system but seems it is not working or not properly installed. Could you all be kind enough to tell me that where does the issue lies and let me know the ways to check if the installation was done properly , paramateres need ti be checked and all.

Any help is welcomed.

Regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have not installed the language in the system and got the same message from user, and as generally we have a specific way of troubleshooting errors and issue in SAP, I thought the same will apply for this case as I don't have idea in this field(language installation).

Anyaways, thanks for the information, but I believe if there is a successfull implementation then some parameters will be changed, thats it.

Regards,

Piyush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have not installed the language in the system and got the same message from user, and as generally we have a specific way of troubleshooting errors and issue in SAP, I thought the same will apply for this case as I don't have idea in this field(language installation).

Well - if a user is calling you and saying "My PC is not working as expected, please help." wouldn't you ask him what exactly is not working?

> Anyaways, thanks for the information, but I believe if there is a successfull implementation then some parameters will be changed, thats it.

"Some" parameters can change a situation significantly, yes. But without knowing what the actual problem is, it's impossible to suggest anything.

So please ask the user (or check yourself) what the actual problem is or why he thinks that something is not working as expected. Then we may suggest something. Before everything else is just a "wild guess".

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Comparing the two system(one with error and other without error), I observed in TCode SMLT that in the Import Packages of Dutch language component OCS_IMPORT_NL_701 is missing, does this mean that "Import Support Packages" (Special Actions) was not performed after installation.

Also the information I recieved is that they are trying to view some page which is showing in German instead of Dutch and the same is working fine in other system.

Regards,

Piyush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Comparing the two system(one with error and other without error), I observed in TCode SMLT that in the Import Packages of Dutch language component OCS_IMPORT_NL_701 is missing, does this mean that "Import Support Packages" (Special Actions) was not performed after installation.

Yes - apparently this is the fact.

> Also the information I recieved is that they are trying to view some page which is showing in German instead of Dutch and the same is working fine in other system.

There are two possible reasons:

- the support package parts are missing (as above)

- the translations are not part of the default language delivery and was translated in the other system "manually" (using e. g. SE61)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Even after performing "Imort Support packages", the issue is still there.

Some information from user:-

The header and the input help texts are coming in dutch whereas the text elements in the the message body is coming in german language.

I am really confused, with this issue with some part in german and some part in dutch language.

Regards,

Piyush

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Have you fixed this issue, if yes then Good?

Else, there is an option in SMLT.

On the menu bar Click on Language-> Special Options --> Import Support Packages. This is used for import the language part of Support Packages.

After this you need to run the language translation. Do run the language translation in all the clients.

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The issue is resolved now.

We reset the OTR buffer using \$OTR and then the issue got resolved.

Thanks to all for providing your precious efforts.

Regards,

Piyush

Edited by: Piyush Bharati on Aug 26, 2010 2:07 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have installed Dutch in one of the system but seems it is not working or not properly installed. Could you all be kind enough to tell me that where does the issue lies and let me know the ways to check if the installation was done properly

How should we know what "is not working or not properly installed" on your system? Unfortunately nobody here has a magic ball to see what's wrong on your system.

Usually a language installation is done like:

- RSCPINST - add the language code, activate

- SMLT - add language plus substitution language

- SMLT - import the language package

- SMLT - import the support package parts (if you installed SPs since the installation of the system)

- SMLT - substitute the non-translated parts

- SMLT - fill all the clinents

- RZ10 - change the profile paramter and add the one-letter language code to zcsa/installed_languages

- restart the instance

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos