cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we modify the CVC data value once it is created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

right now we dont have data say for engine description but we are using dummy value now for testing purpose.

My confusion is can the user modify the value of CVC ?

In different words if the user has wrngly given the value for particular characteristics and creates CVC but later on realises that the value was wrong .so my question is Can he modify the value.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

I have a few queries on your problem.

1. What do you plan / forecast on DP? Do you plan for part numbers or it is a characteristic based forecasting strategy?

2. Is a part number reusable or use-n-throw kind? i.e. I keep on forecasting on a part number for a long time once the engine desc is firmed.

3. Do you plan for engines in APO or in ECC?

I wanted to have an understanding of the importance of having engine as a part of CVC in DP planning. Actually, you can have it as a navigational attribute if it has plays part in forecasting, and change it as many times as you like.

regards,

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bip,

I am planning on part number level and we can keep on planning this part number without engine description and we are planning in APO.

The engine description will be part of CVC.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

If you do not plan based on the engine at any level, i.e. this is only for viewing purpose, then maintain engine as navigational attribute. It will save you from the pain of realignment and you can do modification n number of times without any effect on planning process.

regards,

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To simply answer your question, we cannot Modify a CVC once entered.

However business scenarios exist where the customer/product linkage changes or values in the customer or product hierarchy changes over the period of time, to accommodate such scenarios the realignment is provided.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it not that we will have two set of cvc combinations.

Say right now we have Plant P , Customer C1 now I need to modify it to Plant P and Customer C2 so what I understand that from realignment we will get 2 set

Plant P,Customer C1

Plant P,Customer C2

but I need only Plant P,Customer C2. I dont want Plant P,Customer C1 now.

Plant and Customer are the characteristics and P,C1,C2 are the values of these Plant and Customer.

Now I need to know whether this is possible.

Do we need to delete Plant P,Customer C1 combinations from the system?

Sorry I am bothering you too much.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Realignment takes care of copying the data from the Source to the destination combination. In addition, you have the flag "Delete Source Combination" in the realignment table. if you set that flag, it will delete the source combination after creating the new combination and copying the data.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Mani Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani,

I think this is the answer I was looking for.

But now I want to give you the real picture of my problem.

Thing is my client is manufacturing engine parts and the product is identified as Part Number.

Every part number should have engine description and it is part of CVC.

right now my client is not maintaining any engine description so the idea is to guve some dumy value to the engine descriotion and once the engine description is gatherd then modify this dummy engine description to the real value.

The real issue is Part number 1 is having engine description 999 and part 2 is also havinf 999 as engine description similarly thousands of part number are having engine description 999.

When the real engine description is captured then chances are that some of the part number might have same engine description while others might have different.

so how to do it?

If we do mannually then it is huge problem.we have to update each part number with correct engine description.

Thanks a lot,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have rightly captured the problem of using realignment for this requirement. So you cannot use realignment. And there is no way to change it as well.

So there are 2 options

1) Delete and create new CVCs

2) Use realignment to maintain values for each entry which is tedious.

However it is not the right practise to create incorrect CVCs at first and then trying to replace it with correct ones. I am hoping your client is doing all of this in a dev box and not on a production system.

If that is the case, you can delete the CVCs and create new ones and still manage with the data loss. Sorry there is no other way I can think of doing the same.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Realignment functionality helps to do so.

Please go through the URL below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

I understand that Realignment is used to modify the cvc combinations but I need to modify the value.say earlier the value was 999 now I need to modify it to 1024.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have characteristics and key figures.

Values of characteristics can be changed by realgnment.

You know values of key figures can be changed by copying , interactively in the planning books, or by macros etc.

Value of one KF for a set of CVC can be copied to anotehr KF.

Regards

Datta