cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service PO commitment assigned to statistical IO is not get reduced.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PO is created with Account assigned to Internal Order stastically and Cost center as real cost object. Wih PO creation we check commitment in system

According to standard SAP, at creation of PO, system creates commitment & while doing GR/IR, system should reduce PO commitment and increase actual by that amount. Service PO is created for amount 239200 USD with Account Assigned Category K, Item category D, Account assigned to Cost Center & Statistical Orders (9 orders by approximate 11% ) So, initially there is commitment of 26000 USD on each service order. However from March 2009 onward business has done GR and IR for this PO approximate 50000 USD but nor commitment have reduced neither any commitment line item were posted in system.

As a result of it, business actual budget is fully consumed by (Commitment + Actual) and while doing IR budget deficient errors is received.

Here main problem is, non reduction of Service PO commitment while doing GR and IR.

Tried below approch so far.

CoAr / Order type Comitment acitive, Costcenter updates commitment and GL is valid on delivery date. Service PO order unit is JOB and commitment reduction is based on value match with PO details.

In order to test really probelm is with Commitment updation or reporting. I checked COOI and COSP with reference to object no.

but there is only one posting in line item of original PO amount and at total level there are two posting one is origiona one and seocind is with zero amount. but in both total line item for one of the peiod quantity is incomplete even after clicking Final Invoice.

Even after final Invoice ticked thre is not commitment line item gets posted in system. Even I run RKANBU01 program.

This is quite strange, if some one can give me other suggestion to proceed further.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But, It is confusing me, Subject of the thread says PO Commitment not getting reduced but from following

neither any commitment line item were posted in system

Even after final Invoice ticked thre is not commitment line item gets posted in system

It says commitment is not posted. Please clarify

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.on Statstical IO there is only one PO commitment which posted when PO originally created. After that once you do GR/IR with refrence to that PO system should reduce that original commitment and post actuals. So, I mean here while doing GR/ IR "Nor commitment is reduced neither any commitment line item were posted in system"

2. I mean here on ticking Final Invoice button system should ideally close original commitment of that PO, with this tick in system only original PO amount commitment line item is there and no any addtional line itme gets posted with values.

"Even after final Invoice ticked thre is not commitment line item gets posted in system"

I hope this would be clear. I due restrication in accss and Master data relevant issue, I am not able to replicate exact scenario in other environment. Let me know any one else have different opinion / understanding this will helps.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin, I simualted your scenario, I have created 3 statistical IO's and created a service PO (AA=K, Itm=D), with UOM AU at header level and EA at service line item level. I created one service line item only with multiple account assignment to 3 IO and 1 cost center. I see commitments on 3 IO's and cost center. Then i did partial SES and I see reduction of Commitment at IO and cost center and Statistical cost at IO and actual cost at Cost center. It seems to be working for me.

Did I miss something in simulating your scenario?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed I think you have followed scenario correctly. Ideally system should behave that way. Just let me know indicator settings in your PO.

On delivery Tab

Goods Receipt- Ticked

GR non Valuated -Not Ticked

Invocie Tab

Invoice Receipt - Ticked

GR Bsd - IV- Ticked

S Bsd - IV- Ticked

This may would give some clue.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everything is as per your PO setting except, service based IV is not ticked in my PO. May be I will try with that indicator ticked.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried with Service based IV ticked, I didnt had any problem in actual or commitment cost getting posted to IO and CC. I did SES and IR. No issues in cost updation. I am on ECC6 EHP4.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue got resolved with OSS. There is technical glitch when you upgrade to EH4.0 and use valuated GR with multiple account assignment. Below is list of notes required to be apply in sequence. (1492317,

1491430, 1505733 & 1484993)

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin, Is it a valuated GR or non-valuated GR?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is valuated GR.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin ,

Is PR /PO has value limit ?

Project Team 1

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PO has value limit of full service. Here you are refering Limit tab of PO line item. ( In this scenario they are not using PR cycle fullm for recording perspective they creats PR with zero values.. real business start from PO )

With Regards

Nitin P.