cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCI post returns no value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We're trying to connect a supplier via OCI to SRM.

We can connect to the catalog and select our items. When we transfer the items back to SRM we get the error message that there are incomplete item.

I debugged the post via BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER. None of the fields have a value, so the the error message makes sense.

The supplier indicates they haven't changed the OCI post.

The indicate they're posting: NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY[1]=125&NEW_ITEM-UNIT[1]=EA&NEW_ITEM-PRICE[1]=0,0000&NEW_ITEM-CURRENCY[1]=USD&NEW_ITEM-DESCRIPTION[1]=ARB-25-1>Business cards&NEW_ITEM-VENDORMAT[1]=pt-1-

Price still needs to be filled by the supplier, so this can't be issue. Could the issue somehow be that the description is not placed as first post value?

It has worked before during testing. We haven't changed any of our settings. Therefore to my opinion something must have changed on the supplier side.

Regards,

Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Below is the post as extracted via http watch.

<input type="hidden" name="NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY[1]" value="125">..<input type="hidden" name="NEW_ITEM-UNIT[1]" value="EA">..<input type="hidden" name="NEW_ITEM-PRICE[1]" value="0,0000">..<input type="hidden" name="NEW_ITEM-CURRENCY[1]" value="USD">..<input type="hidden" name="NEW_ITEM-DESCRIPTION[1]" value=".. ARB-37-1>Businesscards">..<input type="hidden" name="NEW_ITEM-VENDORMAT[1]" value="pt-1-">

Looking at the description, could the dots and the blank positions be the issue?

Timo

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

Yes - most likely, have them remove the spaces and dots, it may be that we check field N/E space, in this case it does, so we probably ignore it.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

I had experienced similar issue earlier.

Can you explain what exactly is happening. Let me understand this in detail:

1. You have puched into a external catalog.

2. Selected a item from catalog

3. Tranfered the item to EBP

4. You have a blank screen?

Let me know if this is your issue. Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Removing the dots and blank positions solved the issue.

We're now receiving data again.

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Thank your for the info.

The coding is already present in our system.

Below is data as to be found in slg1

-

Type

Message text

-

NEW_ITEM-LINE = 00001

NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY = 125

NEW_ITEM-UNIT = EA

NEW_ITEM-CURRENCY = USD

NEW_ITEM-VENDORMAT = pt-1-

00001 E BBPWS Product and description are missing

-

-

Type

Message text

-

Start of line 000000 in shopping cart of catalog

Product and description are missing

-

Due to remark about the description I have the feeling they're not passing it.

Regards,

Timo

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

Yes - if it is not in this log then it is not passed, you can verify what is passed by using a tool like HTTP Watch to see the data transferred from the catalog real time, maybe the format of the passed data is incorrect and as such is ignored by the OCI interface, perhaps they are passing a parameter which has been mis-spelled etc?

Regards,

Jason

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implement the coding from note 487917 to see exaclty what data is being transferred - this should allow you to determine why the transfer fails, Post the OCI data here if you're not sure why it is fsiling.

Regards,

Jason