cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B capability of SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need clarification on the B2B capability of SAP PI 7.1. I have the following scenario:

SAP ERP <-> SAP PI 7.1 <-> (xml) <-> B2B Trading partners

I have three questions on the above scenario:

1. SAP PI will have to send standard XML message to B2B trading partners (outside company firewall), with digitally encrypting the message with digital certificate which the partners will decrypt and process at their end. Is there any facility in SAP PI 7.1 to do that? The transport protocol can be HTTP/HTTPs. Can SAP PI handle this B2B enveloping requirement alone or it requires third party support from Seeburger/iWay etc.? Which product of Seeburger can provide this?

2. If instead of standard XML, SAP PI will have to send Rosettanet messages to B2B trading partners, I understand its Rosettanet adapter (RNIF 1.1/2.0) can do that, but will the rosettanet adapter be able to handle the B2B requirement of digital encryption, digital certificate etc. while sending the message to different partners?

3. Same requirement as of question 1 and 2, but this time the message format is ebXML? Can it handle B2B encryption/digital certificate etc. or it needs additional product like Seeburger (if so, which product?)

Thanks for your quick response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. As far as your certificate related query is concerned, PI alone can very well handle this and no third party product is required. Your communication is XML based, therefore no need to use third party adapters. Seeburger is generally used for EDI communication.

2. Yes, Rosettanet can solve your purpose.

3. ebXML can be handled using standard PI adapter with some additional header information which can be achieved using mapping or adapter module. Otherwise you may use iWay adapter for ebXML communciation.

Regards,

Prateek