cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of storage bucket profile in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to clarify the sizing implications of using various buckets in the APO DP storage buckets profile.

Suppose I have a storage bucket profile 1 consisting of calendar weeks and days, and a profile 2 consisting of weeks only.

What will be the relative database/memory sizing resulting from these 2 profiles?

Thanks for any advice...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As our other friends have mentioned here, just having a storage bucket profile doesnt consume memory, however let us assume you have generated time series objects based on these storage bucket profile, the following example will highlight the memory usage.

Horizon used -> 2 years.

No. of Weekly bucket --> 104 or 105

No. of daily bucket --> 365

Now if you generate Time Series out of your SBP which contains both daily and weekly, total memory occupied will be 365 +104 = 469 times your number of CVCs

If you generate time series out of your SBP which contains just weeks, total memory occupied will be 104 times your number of CVCs..

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage bucket profile wouldn't occupy memory spaces in the live cache. please check the below link having the confirmation of that.

[url] http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/d5/1b7539d6d1c93be10000000a114084/content.htm [url]

Regards,

Saravanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To me, Storage bucket profiles by themselves do not have any impact on sizing requirements.

It is recommended to have storage bucket profiles long enough to avoid requirering a change in it later.

regards

Datta