Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Source of supply - assign contract to Shopping cart

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating a shopping cart using MDM catalog, I want to assign the contract directly without selecting it in 'Source of supply/Service Agents' tab.

How can I achieve this using Source of suply BAdi? Which BAdi & method I should use for this requirement?

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can transfer contract to Catalog. It means user selects item which has already contract info in Catalog.

Regards,

Masa

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for the reply. What is the use of Source of supply Badi. Is it posible for me to use this BAdi for my requirement?

Also how to find if the catalog item has contract associated with it?

Thanks,

Sivagami R

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI.

Regards,

Masa

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivagami.

After you transfer the Contract from SRM to MDM Catalog, you can check the association of contract to a catalog through DataManager and Catalog UI.

1. DataManager: Login to the Datamanager by giving the user credentials and search for the exisitng item. Then on the right, you will find the Contract Price field which has its values in it.

2. Catalog UI: Launch the catalog and search for the item. Under the price information column you will find the contract price associated to it. (Note: Make sure you have configured the Contract Price field)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bala

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see the the contract when the item is transferred to shopping cart from the catalog and also in the 'Source of supply' tab. How can i transfer this contract to the SC automatically?

Thanks,

Sivagami R

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivagami.

When you say, you are able to view the contract item in the catalog, then you can click on the shop icon.

Navigate to shopping cart preview tab and select the item and click "Transfer Item" button, so that the item is transferred back to

SRM Shopping cart. Now you can see the Source of Supply tab filled with the contract details.

Let us know if it works.

Regards

Bala

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I can see the supplier with contract under 'source of supply' tab. But I dont want to click on 'Assign Supplier' button to assign the supplier with contract. Is there a way to assign it automatically. Any BAdi help on this?

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is standard functionality is what everybody is saying. By the way, if you see the supplier in the SOS tab, then it is already assigned right? Here's a hint, if you use the source of supply BADI, you will have to maintain a custom table to find your contracts, or use logic that will act exactly like a product category contract. Use the standard and maintain the contract number in your catalog per product. It will be sent to the SC via OCI. Or send your contracts to the catalog (standard). Cut out the middle-man

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It is working now. The problem was with the data of suppliers.

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sivagami,

Can you tell me as to when one would see the "Assign supplier" button with "Supplier" field in the "sources of supply/service agents" tab?

I can only see the label"Preferred supplier" and a field to assign the same. Is it only when you some valid sources of supply?

Thanks

George

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If user has Purchaser role/authorization, Assign Supplier button is available.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

Thanks for that prompt response. Yes, I agree with your point. My problem is that the option to assign a fixed supplier is not available to even the purchaser role.

I log in as a requester and I have the option to assign a "Preferred supplier" during the creation of SC. Then I log in as a purchaser and the screen is the same during creation of SC. I believe that a purchaser should have the option to choose a fixed supplier.

We are in SRM 7.0 SP level 2 . Is this some problem that existed in the earlier SP and that has now been resolved.

Thanks

George

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apply this 2 notes and see

Note 1492695 - SOS not determined for catalog item

Note 1516847 - Unique source of supply not automatically assigned

yes. your expectation is valid.

if it is one valid sos , it must assined by system not manually

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

I am sorry If I have not conveyed my question properly.

I do not have any valid source of supply. My problem is with the option to choose a fixed supplier on the screen tab for "Sources of supply/service agents". When I log in as a purchaser(user with oper purchasing role), it does not give the option to choose a fixed supplier ( supplier label with 'Assign supplier' button missing). He can only assign a "preferred supplier" like an ordinary requisitioner.

I understand that this option should be available to a purchaser if he tries to create a shopping cart.

Is there a note for this?

Thanks

George

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George

REQUESTER ->

source of supply

prefered vendor

fixed vendor

BUYER--Loged in

source of supply

prefered vendor

fixed vendor

are you teeling that when requester log in he could see Fixed vendor

but BUYER looged he could not see the fixed vendor

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

OK..Here is it.

REQUESTER ->

source of supply

1) Preferred vendor only

BUYER--Loged in

source of supply

1) Preferred vendor only

2) No option to select fixed vendor

Requester login is OK. He should not have the option to assign a fixed vendor. There is no problem here.

but the screen for BUYER is the problem . He is unable to see the option to assign "Fixed vendor". A buyer should be able to assign a fixed vendor.

Is this clear? Let me know otherwise.

Thanks

George

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi check with developer

as standard

whoever created a shopping cart

both option must be available

preferred vendor and fixed vendor

it might be controlled via web dynpro or rolle level. check another environment also .

Muthu

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivagami.

Are you trying to shop an normal item from catalog to SRM shopping cart and later assign a source of supply?

How about chosing an contract item in the MDM Catalog and transfer it to SRM Shopping Cart, so that it automatically fills the source of supply information.

Regards

Bala

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are selecting a item from Catalog and filling the source of supply details ( assigning supplier with Contract) manually as of now. We want to do it automatically using the Source of supply BAdi.

Any clue on this?

Thanks,

Sivagami R