cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config of free goods?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm an ABAPer so forgive if my question is not clear to you SD guys. We are having an issue with creation of orders and the functional consultant might be new to this problem.

I read several threads here regarding the config.

1) I checked transaction VOV4 for OR-NORM-FREE-TAN-TANN. it's there

2) Checked material master MM03 / Sales Org. 2 for category group. Group of material is NORM.

3) Checked free goods determination in VBN3 for Customer-Material combination, there's a value there and is valid from 12/22/2008 to 12/31/9999 (valid indefinitely)

But when we try to create an order in VA01, using the same customer and material (from number 3) and set the item category of the material to TANN, the system automatically changes it to TAN.

(On the technical side) I checked the exits MV45AFZZ and MV45AFZB and there is no routine there that does the change from TANN to TAN so we're convinced that this is caused by some config.

Can anyone help? How can the item stay as TANN (without having to retype. When it is retyped, it's like the item category is being forced into the system, right?)?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need not to give manually TANN as Item Category.It should come automatically as per the Condition Records maintained in VBN1.

Check V/N6 settings.Here assign the Free Goods Procedure to the Sales Area.

After this configuration ,the system will pick the Free Item automatically with Item Category as TANN.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur and Pradyumna,

I set in V/N6 the procedure for the appropriate Sales org, Distribution channel, Division, and Document Procedure (C = free of charge) to NA0001. That's the only one and described as Free Goods (SD). We don't have NA0000.

I tried in VA01 to test and you said it should automatically create a sub-item...it did not. The behavior is the same as before. I checked VBN3 (display) again and we are using a custom discount type, and not the default NA00. Do you think this has something to do with it? But when I use in VA01 the material under the custom discount type , there's a message that says "The system determined free goods with quantity 0 for item 000010"

Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle,

Whatever is the Free goods determination Procedure, that must contain your Free goods condition type.

So, your Custom free goods condition type must be available in your Procedure NA0001. ( The standard Procedure is NA0001 and not NA0000).

You need to activate free goods determination,

IMG > Sales & Distribuion > Basic function > Free goods > Condition technique for free goods > activate free goods determination .

Go to new entries,

Specify Sales Area, Doc Pricing procedure, Customer pricing procedure and specify your Free goods determination Procedure NA0001.

Save it.

Now create a Condition record in VBN1 for your free goods condition type.

Choose "Inclusive".

Specify Material Number, Minimum order quantity (e.g, 10), specify "From" the free goods quantity (e.g, 10), Unit of measure (E.G, pc), Free goods as "2".

I hope you have not specified the data correctly in condition record like above.

From the above record, system will understand that for every 10 pieces, 2 pieces are free.

In Inclusive, system will calculate price for 8 pieces and 2 pieces will be shown as sub item with Item category TANN, which will be 100% free.

Regards

Pradyumna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur and Pradyumna,

The consultant already figured it out. I guess I'm back to ABAP hahaha!

Thanks to you both. Points have been awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I undersatnd is , you want INCLUSIVE free good sdetermination.

For example, for every 10 units 2 units are free. That means 20% free goods.

If Customer has ordered for 10 units then he has to pay for 8 units and 2 units will be free of charge.

In standard, the free goods condition type is NA00 (with item generation).

So, you need to create the Condition record for NA00 in transaction VBN1 and specify the free quntity properly.

In standard, the Pricing Procedure for free goods determination is NA0000.

You need to assign this procedure to the Sales Area in which you want to create the Sales Order (V/N6).

Now, when you will create an order for the above material say M1 for 10 units, system will split it as two line items.

First line item, M1 -

8 units -

TAN (system will calculate price for this item).

Second line item, M1----

2 units -

TANN (no pricing, it is 100% free).

You need not have to specify the Item category mannually.

For the first item (Main item), system will automatically take the Item category as TAN and for the 2nd item (sub-item) item category will be TANN.

Regards

Pradyumna