Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Upgrade -- brtools not working after updating BR*Tools

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I´m facing with a problem when I try to run some commands for Oracle optimizer statistics, which are itself certain post-upgrade tasks... I did the upgrade to BRTools (7.20) as mentioned in chapter "+5.6 Updating the SAP Executables and the BRTools" (page 35 of guide "Upgrade to Oracle Database 11g Release 2+").

In the next chapter ("5.7 Performing Post-Upgrade Tasks"):

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t system_stats

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t oradict_stats

But when I run that commands nothing happens (and yes... the oracle database is running!).

When I type the command brtools for starting it... it show me the following error:

C:>brtools
The system cannot execute the specified program.

Can you help me how can I correct this?... I don´t get it why this not running.

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, try to check the OS log (Event Viewer). May be you need some OS patches for this.

Note 1375494 - SAP system does not start after applying SAP kernel patch

Regards.

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo Beradze,

Thank you very much, that was the solution!

In fact I was already aware to this, in point 5.6 on upgrade guide it was recommended to check note 684106 for installing the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Redistributables... but in that point I thought that was already installed by default on operation system, because I checked "Add/Remove programs" (at Control Panel) and I saw in there the program "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) and I deduced that it had been already installed on the server... weird!

For correct I followed the instructions in that note 1375494 and since then I start the tool without problems!

Thank you,

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your BR*TOOLS permission and owner in exe dir.

Check note : 113747

Did you try to excute the same job from SAP - DB13?. Check your BRTOOLS version is supported to your SAP version.

With Regards,

Senthil Kumar.C

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

C:\>brtools
> The system cannot execute the specified program.

make sure you use the correct binaries, it seems you downloaded the wrong ones (e. g. for Windows IA64 as opposed to Windows x86_64).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since your oracle upgrade, have changed all the system environments to the new version.

And your are logged on as ora<sid or <sid>adm.

Mark

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the release of your SAP system ?

Thanks

Sunny

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joas,

Please check file brtools.exe is existing there and if yes then you don't have to permission for it and if permision ok then your brtools file is currepted.

Regards,