cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC reprocessing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a File to IDOC interface. The file I pick up will contain a list of invoices from a vendor system ,

that I convert into ACLPAY IDOCs and post invoices.

When the IDOCs are posted into our SAP some of the IDOCs fail and some of them are successful.

At the end of a business day the user will execute txn we05 to see the status of the IDOCs that came in for that day.

If any of the IDOCs failed the user would use WE19 to correct the data and reprocess the IDOC again.

The problem is the old IDOC that came in still has a error status and the new IDOC created by modifying the old IDOC doesnu2019t have any reference to the older IDOC.

Is there a way to see if and IDOC was created by reprocessing an already existing IDOC?

Or is there a better method to handle my scenario?

Thanks

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Is there a way to see if and IDOC was created by reprocessing an already existing IDOC?

There is no way you can do that from PI. This can be done in R3, so post your query in ABAP forum to get better answers.

Regards,

Neetesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the SAP standard workflow for triggering the alerts to the responsible person and he can reprocess the same from the SAP Inbox if the error occured has been rectified.(like user locks..some error related to fnctional stuff...)

if it is the data related error then need to edit the same and reprocess using BD87..as said above already..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses.

I'm using We02 for such a long time , didnt know i could edit the IDOC directly there.. thanks a lot!

I used this method to change and reprocess the IDOC and it worked great!

I also think the Workflow approach is a neat one.

Rajesh,

Could you give me links to any such scenarios?

I will explain the scenario in detail.

I'm both the XI and ABAP developer.

I am able to pick invoices and submit them as ACLPAY IDOCs. The inbound process code for ACLPAY IDoc is a custom one.

I do a BDC call transaction which parks the invoice in FV60.

If the parking fails due to some reason i plan to trigger a workflow.

Is there an example which i could use for my scenario?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of reprocessing the Idoc using we19, you may ask the user to Edit the existing red IDoc in transaction we02. Then you may process it using BD87. This way there will remain reference of the Original Idoc.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Based on the error information you have to identify from where this error comes is there any problem in PI mapping side or any other reasons from PI side or R/3 side, later we have to rectify that error and reprocess again.

If the error is comes in the R/3 system so ask your ABAPers to check the status.

Regards

Ramesh