Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine - Alert Framework - Suppress Multiple Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using XI in SP16.

I have configured the alert framework with rules for "Integration Engine" and for "Adapter Engine". I have check for the two cases the option "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule".

For the same error (for example, mapping error) the option "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" works fine for the rules based on the "Integration Engine", but for the rule based on the "Adapter Engine" the option "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" doesn't work.

I already had a look at thread '' and also the mentioned notes in this thread but it is not quite clear for me what is the solution for this problem.

Please note that I am using XI SP16. In this case do we have to apply the corrections that is mentioned in note 870232 for the 'Suppress Multiple Alerts of this rule' to work properly for Adapter errors?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Can you please advice me what variables you have used in container of alert category in ALRTCATDEF.

I am getting bank alert when adapter engine message fail please advice me.

Thanks,

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was due to multiple alert rules for the same interface. One alert had "Supress Multiple alerts of this rule" checked and another one was not having this. Due to this we were getting multiple alerts.

Thanks a lot for all your responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to follow the Note 870232 if the problem started when upgrading to SP14 or higher. BTW the node doesn't say anything about suppress multiple alerts option.

Is your problem same as the one indicated in Note 1226909 - No alerts for a rule w/ indicator "Suppress Multiple Alerts" ? 1226909 is applicable between SP20 and SP22.

Please check if there are multiple alert rules. May be you need to deactivate them while checking the one you are testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshni,

I am not sure which node you are referring to that do not talk about 'Suppress multiple alerts of this rule'.

My problem is not the one mentioned in note 1226909. My problem is I am getting multiple alerts for the same rule even though I have set 'Suppress multiple alerts of this rule' and I did not confirm the existing alert.

For example if there is error in my file sender communication channel (do not have file permissions to move to archive folder) I would expect only one alert to be triggered. New alert should be triggered only if existing alert is confirmed. But this is not working.

Experts, any other inputs?

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

My problem is I am getting multiple alerts for the same rule even though I have set 'Suppress multiple alerts of this rule' and I did not confirm the existing alert

This again depends upon what u have set in ALRTCATDEF , Maximum number of Deliveries.

Please check what is the number u have given in Properties -->Max.No.Dels of ALRTCATDEF.

New alert should be triggered only if existing alert is confirmed.

it will deliver that many alerts u have mentioned in Properties -->Max.No.Dels of ALRTCATDEF.

Then it will stop....

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Let me explain my problem a bit more. I have a sender file communication channel. This has to poll a file from '/ABC/process' folder (polling frequency 60 secs) and after picking up successfully move it to '/ABC/archive'. We have restricted access on '/ABC/archive' to u2018read onlyu2019 to simulate error.

As the XI user do not have sufficient authorization to move the file to '/ABC/archive' the channel failed. The alert rule we have for this error triggered alert. In the alert rule we have checked 'Suppress multiple alerts of this rule'. So we expect only one alert for this failure but we are receiving alert every 60 secs as the channel try to poll the location and move the file to '/ABC/archive'.

This issue does not have any thing to do with max no of deliveries in alertcatdef. BTW we have this defined as 3 but we receive many more alerts (one for every 60 secs).

Any further inputs on how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Prasad