cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping - Occurence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Header and Detail node each containing some sub elements. My requirement is that one header and multiple Detail will be coming as input. For this requirement how should I set the Occurence in Data Type?

Previously I had every thing as 1(Both min & max). Now I changed the Detail occurence to 0..1.

Still only one Detail is produced as target.

Any pointers in this issue?

Any docs or blog reference would be of great help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shnakar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

<i>Previously I had every thing as 1(Both min & max). Now I changed the Detail occurence to 0..1.

Still only one Detail is produced as target.</i>

Cross check if you have changed the occurence in both the Source and Target datatype and activate the same.

Also, actiave the datatype and reload the datatype into your Message Type and activate the same.

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My both my source and target data types have Header and Detail nodes. My input is one header and multiple Detail nodes. I do not split my msg. I have set Header,1,Detail,* in ID sende comm. channel.

I beleive this has to do some thing with Occurence.

Any inputs on this are most welcome.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check you source message are you getting all the detail records. If you are getting all the detail records then there is no problem with the content conversion and the problem might be with the occurence or mapping.

If content conversion is fine then you try giving the occurence for detail as 0.. unbounded. You can also refer to the post by Vijaya. Also check if your mapping is proper.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set the occurence for

MT_SOURCE 1..1

MT_TARGET 1..1

Header 1..1

Detail 0..unbounded.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have one source msg with one header and many details and you want the same thing in target...for that all that you need to is make sure the occurence of the detail node in target data type is 0-unbounded...if its not working..do a cache refresh, activate all the objects and try again..

-Sushumna

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check if you are getting proper source message. Check in SXMB_MONI if you are getting all the detail records. If not then the problem is with the content conversion. For more details on content conversion refer this blog /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IR I tested the Message mapping with 2 Detail Nodes but only one Detail Node appears in the target.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the occurence of the Target Details. It would be 1..1 and that is why you have only one Details coming from the source to target.

Also, check if you have mapped the Details of source to details of target

regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the 'context' of the detail. If it's detail then make it header and try.

Also, please make sure you have 0...unbounded for both sender and receiver Detail Item.

Please check your sender Payload coming fromt he file if it has all the data .

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Inbound XML msg has all the Detail nodes in it. After conversion the XML msg contains only the first Detail node. Earlier occurence of detail was 1..1. Now I had set it to 0..unbounded. Yet I can see only one detail node even in the mapping test option in IR itself.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to right click, duplicate subtree to create multiple tags when trying to test.

Check if everything is activated.

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all ur valuable inputs. Finally I was able to resolve the issue with all ur help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Is this an n:1 mapping?? Do you need to split your incoming payload? Explain your requiremnt a little more in detail..

-Sushumna

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the Detail occurances as 0..n.

it would be fine if you could explin your scenario in detail.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data Type:

Node

Header ....1.1

Detail ....1...unbounded.

Please see that in the File content conversion you are giving

Recordset Structure: Header,1,Details,*

Regards