cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling multiple SOAP methods within a webservice from a single mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question regarding invoking multiple methods in a webservice from within a single XI mapping . We are on XI 3.0 ( SP23 )

We have a Webservice WS1 and have mutiple methods M1 , M2 and our requirement is to call these different methods within the webservice in a single message mapping - so that all of the method calls are treated as one LUW - is this possible , if so , can somebody out there give me an example with the required configuration objects ( calling multiple methods in a webservice means multiple SOAP receiver channels, right ? this is what gets me confused )

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> so that all of the method calls are treated as one LUW - is this possible

This is not possible. Each method call is a different LUW.

Do not do this, this is a very bad design. Error handling and monitoring is almost impossible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan

Thanks for your valuable input regarding LUW , I was having that doubt in my mind ( whether different methods/actions of the webservice would be combined under one LUW )

Currently we have a bunch of db stored procs being called in a single message mapping and XI handles the transaction as a single LUW . Owing to version impcompatibility between the DB ( DB moving to SQL server 2008 and we are on XI 3,0 still ) , we are looking to wrap the stored procedures into a web service.

So, based on your comments, we will have a single method/action that will invoke all the multiple stored procedures within it - and the method implementation will have to do the transaction handling , nothing done on the SOAP receiver communication channel in this case, exception calling that single method in the webservice. This way, error handling would certainly be better I believe since the method is handling the LUW bit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

If you say methods I am expecting that you have different actions in webservice and want to call more than once. If yes then you can do multimapping and create multiple receiver commmunicaiton channel and name theaction in each channel and then you should be good to go. This will work only if you use soap reciver adapter because it runs on java stack.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

Yes, each method in the webservice points to a different action and I want to call mutiple actions in a single message mapping - each action represents a different method under the webservice and I need to map from the source structure to multiple target structures.

Will I be able to specify multiple communication channels in such a multi-mapping ?

Do you have a link for this kind of multi- mapping one source to multiple target structures example ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik

search for multimapping in Sdn u will get theblog

it's written by jin.

U cando one multi mapping and one comm channel for each action.

Cheers,

satish