cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Notifications - Requesting an 8D Report

0 Kudos

Hello forums!

Real quick question here. When you create an 8D Report for a vendor to complete and send back, what are our options for putting the vendor 8D findings back into SAP? It appears as if we are just supposed to receive the 8D Report and close out the task on that notification. Obviously the option to attach that document to the notification is there but I am wondering if anyone knows of or has built a solution where you can put the vendor findings into the notification itself.

Please let me know if I am not clear in my question and I will attempt to explain it better.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You need to understand how this 8d report works so that you can enter inthe correct area.

2.An 8D Report can be printed for each defect item. The assignment of corrective tasks to the different sections (D = Directives) of the 8D Report is performed on the basis of the sort number for the tasks.

3.For example, if a corrective task has the sort number 4, then it will be printed in the 4th D of the 8D Report. In each field of the 8D Report , the corrective tasks with the corresponding sort numbers are printed.

4. Now you have to ensure in which D u want the output to be displayed, so in the correct sort number you need to enter so that

the same will be printed.

5. Anytime to you update the notification you can trigger the action box to get it printed.

kinldy let me know your feedback.

Reg,

Dsk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan,

When the Task is recorded for the codes, in the long text you may enter the details provided by the vendor. This may then be taken to the print when you use 8D in the printed format. Hope this helps.

Regards,

M.M