cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS database question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are running CJI3 report, and I have the following questions in regards with where the data is coming from:

1. Is the data for this CJI3 report coming from Project System Information System logical database or real time data directly from ECC?

2. If it comes from ECC, does a periodic program needs to be run to pick-up the master data?

3. If CJI3 uses Project System Information System logical database, is there any structure (KAEP_COAC?) involved at the back-end to pick-up the data from ECC?

Regards,

Aman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

A general way to find out, which DB tables are involved. Just run ST05 in an additional modus, activie the trace. Run the transaction CJI3 or other transactions. Stop the trace in ST05, show the trace, you find each DB access in the time periode.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The logical database for Project Systems is PSJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. I know about PSJ and COEP. I also know the structure used is KAEP_COAC. My question is - is the data for CJI3 realtime and comes with the help of structure KAEP_COAC, or is it updated periodically by transferring from ECC database to PSJ and PSJ to CJI3 frontend with the help of KAEP_COAC? I believe the former statement is correct, but want to know your views.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i think the data being displayed in CJI3 is real time data and you dont have to run anything to get this data updated and for it to be displayed in CJI3.

However lets wait for other experts to comment on this.

Regards,

Gokul

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Gokul. You can refer 325546 where it says KAEP_COAC is output structure for CJI3 report. Once you post actual cost that gets recorded by COEP table, As I understand to make reporting / selection logical database concept intruduced by SAP in 4.6 C onward, which are linked to relevent base tables. so there is is no data transfer concept when you are using any logical database it's online slection from base line item or total table.

For bettter understadning take help of Technical resource.

With Regards

Nitin P.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is realtime. All PS reports (if not all FICO reports) are realtime. I can't think of any exceptions other than the summarization functionality.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CJI3 is a line item report and therefore reads from the CO line item tables, primarily COEP in this case.

-nathan