SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article master basic data view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

For an article master basic data view has options to enter multiple UPC. I feel this is for each unit of measure.

Like say for 1EA uom i can have one EAN number, again in the second line i can enter another EAN for 1dozen UOM.Am i correct

Again in the additional EANs screen i see we have option to enter article, alt.unitunit text EAN etc....

How this is different from basic data screen

Regards

Satya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

the difference is:

In master basic data, you can maintain only ONE EAN per unit of measure (main EAN).

In additional EAN screen, you can maintain MULTIPLE EAN per unit of measure.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

TK

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

the difference is:

In master basic data, you can maintain only ONE EAN per unit of measure (main EAN).

In additional EAN screen, you can maintain MULTIPLE EAN per unit of measure.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

TK

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

But what could be the requirement for mainataining multiple EANs for single UOM

Regards

prasadsvs

0 Kudos

Hi prasadsvs,

well, last year, you sold a green t-shirt with EAN 1 (PCE), purchased by vendor 1. You still have stock of this t-shirt in your DC.

This season, you will again sell a green t-shirt. But you changed the vendor, your new vendor 2 gets his t-shirt from a different manufacturer with EAN 2 (PCE).

So, to be able to sell EAN 1 and EAN 2 in your stores, you have to maintain EAN 1 and EAN 2 to the unit of measure PCE:

Regards,

TK

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please take an example where the product has ean code 1 assigned, post introduction of product the manufacturer has changed the product packing along with the ean code 2. In given scenario where there is no change in product both the ean codes 1 and 2 can be mapped to same article as there could be old inventory present against initial ean.

By mapping both the ean codes to single article you can ensure transaction for old ean along with new ean.

However keeping the article number same is a call to be taken as multiple article codes can lead to duplicate products in master where the ean change was not linked to change in product attribute change.

In retail industry the same is common practise where the same article can have multiple eans mapped.