cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messge Status: To Be Delivered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an interface configured using the File Adapter. The message is being successfully picked up by the File Adapter but the status is "To Be Delievered". When I check SMQ2 there is a queue created however it is in status "Ready". When I unlock and activate the queue it says "transaction executing" but nothing happens. Unfortunately it just stays this way. Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to RWB Message Monitoring and check if there are any messages into "System Error" then first delete them all and then try again.

Make sure receiving system is up and running becasue this can be also one of the reason for the status To Be Delivered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you check:/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

In BPM ,if u have any error message it will block all the other messages comming after it in Queues.

So you have to delete those error messages first and then retry .

For that Go to SWWL and Delete the existing error messages.

Also, check Is there a queue in SMQ2 with a 'SYSFAIL' status? You might need to restart that first before the other messages can proceed.

Let us know if issue still persists.

Divyesh Vasani

0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally, the "TBDL" status with messages can be solved with a workaround which

is restarting the Java server and so the messages would be processed again.

To avoid this workaround, you can icrease the paramter MaxThreadCount to the value of "350"

or higher, depending or on demand and system's resource.

Choose Server -> Kernel -> ApplicationThreadManager

Also check note: #937159 - XI Adapter Engine is stuck

Another thing is to go to the Visual

Administrator -> Services -> SAP XI AF Messaging

Look at the property 'Messaging connections' here you will see the

following queues:

Send.maxConsumers (asynchronous sending - outbound)

Recv.maxConsumers (asynchronous receipt - inbound)

Call.maxConsumers (synchronous sending - outbound)

Rqst.maxConsumers (synchronous receipt - inbound)

Depending on where the bottleneck is occurring (i.e. too many entries in

the Send.maxConsumers) you can increase these parameters.

Exemple of parameter value syntax (for a FILE adapter):

(name=FILE_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System, Send.maxConsumers=10, Recv.

maxConsumers=10, Call.maxConsumers=10, Rqst.maxConsumers=10)

Note for reference: #791655 - Documentation of the XI Messaging System Service Properties

And also this link: /people/kenny.scott/blog/2007/08/20/messaging-system-queue-properties-after-xi-30-sp19-xi-70sp11

If the messages in SMQ2 are being locked, you can unlock the queues manually too.

See note: #813029 - Automatic processing of failed XI messages

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

A quick update....after a certain period of time it enters a "waiting" status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

If it is not production then can you go ahead and delete all the messages in the queue and do a retest. Are you using any BPM if yes some issues might be there in BPM. Go to BPM transactions and findout what is the issue.

Some more info you can find here;

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried deleting the queue and sending the message again but the same problem exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should check Caio's suggestion. The messages stay in TBDL for a long time if the number of threads assigned to the adapter/message queue are not sufficient. By default 5 threads are assigned, you'll have to increase depending on the message traffic.

To improve BPM, check SAP Note 1092157-No parallelization with SWWDHEX and delete old workitems using RSWWWIDE program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I look at the message monitoring in SXMB_MONI I see the following information:

<Trace level="1" type="T">--start determination of receiver interface action</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Loop 0000000001</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">select interface</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">select interface namespace</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">--no interface action for sender or receiver found</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Hence set action to DEL</Trace>

Could that cause the message to get into the "To Be Delivered" status? The strange thing is that I have all the configuration built in the Integration Directory including the receiver determination.