cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Deployment - Best Procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for best procedure to SAP GUI roll out or deployment for the following.

SAP Users - 3000+. We have Shared services setup and some of users needs to access more than one SAP landscape servers. Basis and Security team needs to connect for all systems.

SAP landscapes - 6 example: SAP R3 -3 BW-3. Each landscape may have minimum 4 systems like DEV/QAS/PRD/SBX. Some land scapes may have additional QAS/SBX/TRN/HST and all together around 30 SID items in saplogon.ini file.

I would like to deploy single saplogon.ini file to the users and would like to provide the option to customize by the user to activate required SID for his/her SAP GUI logon PAD in the TOTAL SID available.

Is it possible with the current SAP-GUI software tools?

Is it any third party tools available to simplify SAP _GUI roll out with minimum network team efforts?

I would really appreciate if you could provide any expert advise.

thanks

Ravi Y

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does it means 2 SAPLOGON.INI files?

If you don't mind, could you explain, if possible with steps?

Currently, users are grouped and deploy SAPLOGON.INI file for each group. Later any changes, we need to regroup the user and update the current SAPLOGON.INI file and lot of maintenance work.

thanks

Ravi

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what I meant is that your Windows server have 2 SAPLOGON.INI that can be distributed to your PC. So, your PC will only get one of these versions. This is based on a rule of your choice, we chose to create 2 groups in active directory and the login script check if your user name is part of one of these groups and copies the appropriate SAPLOGON.INI file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

We are doing similarly now to maintain various groups and saplogon.ini file for each group which had lot of maintenance.

I am looking for best procedure to simplify and ability to modify SAPLOGON.INI entries by the user within the limitations.

I heard some of them have customization to maintain single saplogon.ini file based on their needs along with SAP GUI installation.

If anyone have any custom build as a tool I would like to review to buy the product.

thanks

Ravi

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no this is not possible.

you will need to maintain 2 different SAPLOGON.INI files.

we are in the same boat as you, we copy SAPLOGON.INI during the logon script and this is based on the windows username's group ownership