Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC o Proxy PI 7.1.1

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in previous versions on SAP PI SAP recommends the use of PROXYS than RFC, but what about PI 7.1.1 with AAE and the PI protocol (XI3.0) was added to SOAP Adapter?

How can we decided if choose Proxys than RFC adapter since both run in the AAE and both have the same pipelines?

for example: in this company never use ABAP Proxys,here use Xi 3.0 so i have recommending the use of Proxys, but also a migration to PI 7.1.1 is schedulled. so? how can i deffend the use of proxys now since RFC adapters and XI protocols run in the AAE?

Hope my questions is clear.

Thanks

Rodrigo P-.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depend i you need to go for SOA. if so, its recommend you go for proxy, but consider that no all the scenario will apply to. if not, no matter wich protocol you use

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The use of PROXY/ RFC/ IDOC is suggested keeping in mind their individual performances in the backend i.e. in the ECC. If i am on track then the use of IDOC/ PROXY/ RFC does not have an issue in SAP XI/ PI....processing an IDOC is heavy on the system or IDOC should not be used for frequent transactions and some similar limitations are valid for ECC.

So even if we are using AAE in SAP PI, the execution will remain the same in ECC.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodirgo,

My suggestion would be in any version if you have a standard function module then we can use the rfc adapter and even if customization is there for standard then also rfc adapter.

If you are going to write from scratch and if you dont have any standard then probably we will go with proxy approach.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Problem with RFC sender or Reciver adapter is tracking of Message in ECC. How do know whether message was sent or received successfully in ECC as there is no log maintained for each message sent or received? There is a high possiablity messages being missed as you cant track it.

But with proxy we have option to mintor in SXMB_MONI.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy