cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM Methodology - Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can ERM allow having multiple approval steps in the methodology? We need 3 different approvals placed in different stages in the process.

For testing this, I created new request types of ERM in CUP. Created new steps of approval type in ERM and added them to the methodology. Used ERM request types as initiators for the workflows and attributes for CADs.

With this ERM has to send the request for approval to different approvers as per the CADs. But ERM is asking for role owner name in the role when submitting for approval.

Does only ERM CAD of type 'web service' works to send the request for approval?

Also ERM CAD type web service is working when a single approval step exists in the methodology. ERM 5.3 SP12.

Please help.

R M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

To create multiple approval steps ,in CUP you need ot have atleast one ERM CAD type =attribute.

For eg:

Role Owner = X

ERM CAD1 Type=webservice

ERM CAD2 Type=attribute and approver =Y

Stage1 -> CAD1

Stage2-> CAD2

Path: Stage1 -> Stage2

In the above case , the workflow will first go to role owner X , then to CAD2 approver Y.

Regards

-Ranjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjiv,

Thanks for the reply. My requirement is to have all approvals with single stage only. After first approval the role methodology process will continue.

Methodology is Define->Approval 1->Authorization maintenance->Test in Dev->Approval 2->Test in Quality->Approval 3->Close

Thanks,

R M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RM,

As I understand you cannot have multiple approval step in a Methodology Process.

Regards

-Ranjiv