Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit control at goods issue stage

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm am trying to re-configure the credit control process for one of our credit control areas.

The requirement is to move away from credit checking the sales order and instead perform the credit check at the PGI stage.

My query is this:

In our DEV client, I've managed to create an order and delivery without any credit bocks - great.

When I try PGI it is not possible and credit warning message is returned - great.

BUT after 'failed' PGI, delivery is not updated with a credit blocked status so therefore does not appear on any credit control reports eg VKM4.

How should this process work?

Am I missing something?

Is it indeed possible to only have a PGI credit check?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm am trying to re-configure the credit control process for one of our credit control areas.

Hi,

You might want to go through the relevant configuraiton points once again in order to make sure there hasn't been any config step missing.

[Credit Management Configuration|http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/credit-management.htm]

Br,

Sats

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help on this, my process is now live and is working very well.

However I have a question regarding the standard approach to performing the credit check at the goods issue stage:

As explained in note 441009, the goods issue process does not update the delivery. So if the credit check has FAILED and goods issue is therefore NOT possible, how can the delivery be 'released' if the credit control dept approve the despatch??

It seems that the only way the goods can be dispatched would be if the overall credit situation for the customer improved...e.g. they made a payment.

How is this check at goods issue stage intended to work?

Does it indeed have a use?

My process has credit check on the delivery and at goods issue.........but I think I could probably do without the goods issue check as goods issue wouldn't be possible if the delivery was credit blocked.

Appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

Regards

Guy

SmileZhang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

The credit check at time "post goods issue" is different. Please refer to SAP note 441009 which explains the difference.

Transaction VKM5 list all deliveries and does not check the credit

status. That means it shows also deliveries which are not blocked.

Nevertheless you can release them and they get the status released

(vbuk-cmgst = D).

Hope it hpes.

Best regards,

Smile

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

That note was useful, thanks.

However VKM5 is not a desirable process as it would mean that all deliveries would need to be released regardless of their credit situation.

I think my best bet would be to credit check at the delivery & at PGI - this way credit control will get to see the delivery as part of their normal processes.

If credit control then release the delivery, fine, PGI will be ok.

If credit control do not release the delivery, then the PGI check will prevent goods from going.

Sounds good to me!!

Regards

Guy

SmileZhang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

Yes, you are right. If checking credit at delivery creaion stage is ok according to your business, it would be better to set it at delivery. Customizing should be done in OVAD.

Best regards,

Smile