cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading data from Info cube to PA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to load the CVC from Infocube to Planning Area in Development environment.

I am getting error message for mismatch of periodicity of infocube and Planning Area.

how to resolve this. Where do we define the periodicty of infocube ? I don't think so ?

Please help me

Thanks a lot

Prabhat Sahay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Are you using a fiscal variant in your planning areas? If yes, then ensure you define the Time dimension as follows in your infocube.

Use Fiscal Period and not 0calweek or 0calmonth.

when you add Fiscal Period a Fiscal Variant field gets created automatically with it.

Now, when you load data into the infocube, remember to populate the Fiscal Variant column with the Fiscal Variant name you have used in your planning area.

This should resolve your problem.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani for your response.

Yes I am using fiscal variant in our Planning Area but do we need Time Dimension for CVC?

I am trying to load the data from infocube to Planning Area.

You have mentioned when you load data into infocube then use same fiscal variant.-- I am not loading the data into infocube.

Data i.e CVC is there in infocube.I need to get the CVC and their values to APO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhat,

I understand that you already have the data in the infocube and want to load it into the planning area.

However it is important to ensure that the data in the cube and the planning area have the same periodicity failing which we will run into such issues.

So pls go back to the step of defining the infocube.

In RSA1 if you double click on the infocube name which you are using as source, you can see the details in the right. In that, look for the dimensions section, under that look for the time section. If that contains a calweek or a calmonth and you are using a fiscal variant, this issue occurs.

You have to drop your infocube data, redefine the cube to use FISCAL PERIOD and FISCAL VARNT instead of calweek or calmonth and then load the data back again. You need to ensure you populate the fields FISCAL PERIOD and FISCAL VARNT. You might want to do that with routines in your update rules or your infosource communication structure. REmember to activate the entire structure from cube to data source.

Once you load the data into the cube with the new setting, and then try to copy the data into planning area, it will be successful.

To answer your other question. Yes Time Characteristics is necessary for loading data between cube and planning area.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani for your detailed explanation.

I acknowledge your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhat

In the infocube we also define Time Characteristics which might be different than storage bucket profile of planning area. For example if you have Time Characteristics as Calendar year/month , it should match with out storage bucket profile of planning area.

You will fine Time Characteristics select info cube  right click Object overview of cube

Thank

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol,

Do we need Time Characteristics to get the CVCs from Info cube to Planning Area ?

Rgds,

Prabhat