cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues will installation of SAP GRC Access Control 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to install SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 on PI 7.1 with EHP1. For that, I have successfully installed PI 7.1(EH1) ABAP + Java Stack with SLD working and both the ABAP and JAVA server running.

However for the next step, I am trying to install Access Control 5.3 using the JSPM but the installation/deployment is aborted and displays a message that "JAVA AS not running. Please start the Java engine and restart the deployment".

I tried reading the logs but no clear error message is mentioned. The only things which is some what relevant in the log that I read was "None of the registered container recognized the file from grc~ccxsysbehr.sda application".

I have also noticed that the grc~ccxsysbehr.sda is a component of SAP GRC Risk Analysis and Remediation - VIRCC00_0.SCA package.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Sahil.

Edited by: Sahil Bhanushali on Aug 12, 2010 4:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Try doing the deployment using SDM and then see how it goes. If it fails, SDM logs will provide better information. Yes this file is part of VIRCC component. You can post error part of SDM logs here for us to see, that will clear up the picture.

Regards, Varun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun for the input.

However, SAP has discontinued SDM support from SAP NW 7.1 onwards. Also for the issues, we consulted SAP directly and got to know from them that SAP GRC AC 5.3 is not compatible (does not support) with SAP PI 7.1 i.e. basically not compatible with NetWeaver 7.1 Java system.

Currently, SAP GRC AC 5.3 is compatible latest with NW java is 7.01 (i.e. NW 7.0 EHP1) that to AC 5.3 SP10 onwards only.

So for implementing SAP GRC AC 5.3 on NW 7.01, the following steps needs to be performed in the order mentioned.

1. Install SAP NW 7.0 which comes in ISS (initial shipment stack)

2. Install SAP GRC AC 5.3 which comes in ISS (initial shipment stack)

3. Install SAP GRC AC 5.3 patches to minimum SP10 which is compatible with NW 7.01

4. Install SAP NW 7.0 Patches required for EHP1

5. Install EHP 1 for SAP NW 7.0