cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question about the exact release in SAP BW.

We have a SAP system ERP 6.0 EHP 4 recently updated from a R3 4.7 system. The only technical usage that was selected in MOPZ when we selected the patch was SAP application component, so the components SAP_APPL and EA_APPL are the only one in release 604. The add-on FINBASIS and SEM-BW have release 600.

In other hand, we have a SAP BW 3.1 System. This system have SEM-BW release 350 and FINBASIS release 200 add-on. Now we need to upgrade SAP BW system and the question is: wat version we need to use... SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP1or Netweaver 7.0 ?... as it should be compatible about the add-ons?...

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Barraza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Naveed.... just a last question...

The actual system BW 3.1 It's ABAP only.... so when we upgrade to NW 7.0 EHP1, we will need to instal JAVA add-in in this system. I understand that this can not be done... You could confirm this?

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Barraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recommendation from SAP is to have a separate JAVA instance and no JAVA add-in. There are some exceptions for systems like PI and Solution Manager which need to be Dual-Stack but for rest ABAP and Java as separate systems.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's for your information and help.

Kind Regards

Juan Carlos Barraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

Thanks for your answer... If I go to SAP NW 7.0 EHP1, what about the add-ons FINBASIS and SEM-BW... I need to install 600 release?...

Best Regards

Juan Carlos Barraza

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP NW 7.0 EHP1 does not need add-ons FINBASIS and SEM-BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to install FINBASIS and SEM-BW 6.00 as they will not be part of NW EHP1.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your SAP_ABA, SAP_BASIS, SAP_BW, PI_BASIS components get upgraded to 7.01 as part of EHP4 on ECC, as EHP4 is installed along with NW EHP1. So go with SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 for the BW upgrade. In this way these components are at the same level for both the systems.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed