cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd Data type enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a 3rd party to Proxy scenario.The proxy strucuture is a standard structure , and i have created a data type enhancement

for some custome fileds.

its like : SWCV1 : contains the standard proxy

SWCV2 : contains the data type enhacement.

There is a SLD dependency created between SWCV1 and SWCV2. so i can see in SWCV2 the basis objects for SWCV1.

In Abap the append strucuture is created.

Now the issues is while mapping : My source structure passes this enhacned fileds, and i need to map those fileds and call the

proxy.So for target strucuture , which structure i need to select, suppose i select the proxy strucutre from basis object under

SWCV2 (it shows the added fileds so that i can do the mapping) and i can do the mapping IR stuff is fine.

But when i run the configuration should i select receiver Message interface from SWCV1(which doesnt shows the added fileds, or SWCV2 ..actually i cant see Basis objects to select from SWCV2)

My doubt is if i select SWCV1 and finish configuration , the proxy call will happend with SI from SWCV1 which doesnt show the added fileds , then how the fileds will be passed to proxy?

If any one have doen this kind of scenario?

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be selecting the inbound interface from SWCV1. Because this is the only proxy class available on the ABAP side. The additional fields you added in your SWCV2 by enhancing would be like an added fields on the ABAP stack. When you 3rd party sends the request, since you have done the mapping using the basis object from SWCV2, the mapping would work and the resulting XML would be sent to back end, which is also expecting the same structure with the enhanced fields. You should not have any issues and it is standard way of doing it.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Thanks for the inputs, but i still have a query regarding the use of different service interfaces in Interface mapping and

at the configuration tme (from different SWCV).i believe this is the reason that i am not able to post message successfully from saop tool and getting "missing response". after doing this way.(without enhancements the serives call is happening fine).

As mentioned ,IN Integration Repository i will be using the Service interface from the basis objects under SWCV2 so that i can map the extra fields.

but while selecting the inbound service interface in configuration time i will choose the standard service interface from

SWCV1.

Can you please explain how we can have two different service interface referenced one in IR and and different one in ID and still this work.

@ Sathis , I am doing the enhancement in a similar way as mentioned in the link.

Regards,

Srinivas

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They are not two different interfaces technically. All that new is only your enhanced fields. You can select the same interface from any of the scvs. The GUID associted with the interface is same and there would be only one proxy class on the ABAP side.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

> As mentioned ,IN Integration Repository i will be using the Service interface from the basis objects under SWCV2 so that i can map the extra fields.

> but while selecting the inbound service interface in configuration time i will choose the standard service interface from

> SWCV1.

As you already provided the dependency and ther interface you are using is same just you are enhancing the fields, so you can take any of the interface. Take the enhanced data type interface from the SWCV where you have done the data type enhancement.

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Please see Pauley reply in this thread:

Regards,

---Satish