cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle DB is up and runninge, but SAP cannot access (Oracle Error 1034)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am runninge SAP 4.6B on HP UX 11.23 with an 9.2.0 Oracle DB

I did a system copy to migrate an SAP instance to another server.

After everthing is migrated, I can startup the DB in sqlplus. I can even let BRCONNECT run and the check, stats ans stats cascade.

But when trying to start SAP, it fails: startdb.log says R3trans check finished with return code: 12

R3trans -d, tells me:

4 ETW000 [dboci.c ,00000] *** ERROR => OCI-call 'olog' failed: rc = 1034 65105 0.085041

4 ETW000 [dbsloci. ,00000] *** ERROR => CONNECT failed with sql error '1034'

Has anybody any Idea about what is wrong?

Any ideas are welcome!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for your help so far!

But it did not help as the problem is completely different as I supposed:

I found out (more per accident as per intention) that after the "copy" of the SAP instance to the new server, somehow DB settings are still pointing back to the server the SAP instance came from.

And because I completely shut down the SAP instance on the origin server, there was no connection to the DB possible!

Sounds logic!

So, when I log in as SIDadm, it tries to access to origin server DB instead of the DB on the new server....

New question is: Where did I forget to adapt some setting-file to the new server name??? What I adapted is:

- dbenv & sapenv profiles in /usr/sap

- the links to these profiles in /oracle/SID

- startsap, stopsap scripts

- DEFAULT.PFL & START-Profile of SAP instance

- redone all necessary links on OS level (ln -s .... )

- updated listener.ora (actually copied the entries of the old server.. might this be the problem? But I do not recognize any server dependant entries...): (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=SID.world)) (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=SID)) & (SID_DESC =(SDU = 4096)(SID_NAME = SCH)(ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/SID/920_64)(PRESPAWN_MAX = 10))

What did I forget or do wrong?

By the way: The migration was done via backup of the SAP directory with fbackup and playback of this backup with frecover on the new server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

- updated listener.ora

and tnsnames.ora ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have the same hostname for the new setup ? Else you need to consider changing the hostname as per the [note|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=8307] on the R/3 host so that SAP asn the database understands the host changes.

Instead of doing this, you could have gone for a homogenous system copy using R3load which takes care of all these during the installation itself.

NB: Changing the hostnames for R/3 on a productive environment is not recommended by SAP

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

BINGO! Now it works!

It was now the first time I moved an SAP instance on my own between two different servers. And as I grew into this job with "learning by doing", tnsnames.ora is a bit of a "new concept" for me.

I found it by using "inf . -name tnsnames.ora" under /oracle/SID/920_64/network/admin/tnsnames.ora and changed the server name I found in there.

Thanks to all of you for your support!

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Varadharajan M:

I did not know about R3load....

Situation is: I habe two SAP servers (both HP UX): Server s01 and s03. My SAP landscape spreads over these two servers. I want to move all SAP instances from s01 to s03, so that in the end all instances run on s03.

And as I do not want to install SAP & Oracle using all these installation CDs & DVDs, Setup tools and Updates, I decidedt to do a migration on filesystem level.

Might be that R3load is a alternative to using fbackup / frecover. But I do not know it.

By the way: Productive SAP instance is already running on s03, so I will not touch that!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

DB is running, SAP cannot access it. So it seems to be a connection problem.

Oracle client software is ok? Listener is running? Network setting (nslookup) also ok?

Environment <sidadm> (already mentioned by other colleagues)

regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your environemt variables, are they all correct ?? and pointing to where they should be.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of migration is that? Is it homogenous or heterogenous ? Make sure that u have carried out the post migration activities.

1. Changing the SID in the control file (If ths SID is different)

2. Deleting and recreating the OPS$user

By the way, can you execute R3trans -x and post the trans log ?

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following notes:

SAP Note 403004 - Database connect using R3trans fails

SAP Note 400241 - Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle

SAP Note 361641 - Creating OPS$ users on UNIX

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed