cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS Configuration Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are the initial ppds implementation phase , what are the initial configuration values needed to implement PPDS and SNP? Please it will be really great help

Do i need to get any thing from Business?

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Buisness has set up matrix at product family level. What I understand from this is there are different set up times depending on sequence in which orders are different product familys are executed. Means If you run orders of products with same product family one after another there is no set up time but when you change from one product family to other there is set up time involved.

If this is true you need to define product family as set up group in ECC and transfer it to APO.

In set up matrix you define set up times for different transistions in set up group.

According to product family to routing of product you can assign set up group in ECC same gets transfered to APO PPM.

Set up matrix you need to assign to resource in APO.

Now coming to question of optimizer?

Which parameters buisness wants consider for optimization like delay cost, storage cost, set up costs

what is objective of optimization?

As If you only want to reduce setup without considering any other costs you can also use sequencing heuristics to achive same.

Please get above details and then decide whether to go optimization or heuristic.

For optimization you need to define optimization profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Really great.Thank a lot .Small clarification please.

1. As you said we can define product family as setup group in ECC-can you please expalin me in detail.

2. As you had mentioned "set up matrix you define set up times for different transistions in set up group"-Is it in ECC we need to fine or in SAP APO?

3. I am using PDS for APO , How can i move setup group to APO and where its going to sit(Field) in APO

4. I think i just need sequencing with setup group and we are not using cost at all.

Please can you guide us.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

To define setupgroup in ECC use Tcode OP43. Setup group catogory gets transfered as set up group in APO. In integration model select check box set up group and genrate and activate integration model .

You can assign Setup group key in ECC for operation.

When you transfer production version PDS will appear along with set up group. It is assigned to operation in APO.

Set up matrix you need to defing in APO. Tcode- /SAPAPO/CDPSC7.

Assign matrix to Resource.

For Sequencing considering setup group you can use heuristic SAP001(Schedule Sequence) with Sequencing parameter as setup group.

You can also Try SAP003(Schedule sequence manually) Where you can sort orders with required setup groups and dispatch it.

You can think of set up sequencing interactively in DS board. You can configure DS board to display orders belonging to different set up groups in different colours so that it is easy for planner.(If number of set up groups are more this can lead to performance problem)

Hope this helps

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Below is the link attached which contains the detailed steps.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/c1/147a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

First of all, you need to define the heuristics for your planning

and create heuristic profiles accordingly.

Followed by you need to create variant in the production

planning run to execute in background

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

All Configurations needs to be pointed towards business

requirements and in most cases, needs to be derived

from business.

You can give them user training for configuration values

but actual value needs to be approved by business

Also in most of the cases, try using SAP std functionality

if your business requirement matches

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I mean to say initial configuration steps needed for for configuring PPDS Heuristic Profile.

I need to have first Infinite planning and then Finit Planning.

What are steps needed.

Please it will be great help.

I had CIF ed all Materials, PDS, Plant, Resources

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thanks a lot for quick responce. We are not using any VC or CBP , we are just using material code.

1. Can any one explain me How to configure PPDS optimizer for my setup matrix ?

2. Business has setup matrix at product family level and in APO we dont have product family, How can we fulfill the client requirement.

Please it will be very helpful

Please let me know step by step how can proceed.

Thanks & regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

You have now opened a completely new topic (optimizer). This really is adding substantial complexity, to a topic that is already very complex. Unless you already have a working PP/DS implementation, and the PP/DS planning is already stable and very well understood, I would suggest that you avoid the use of the optimizer.

I think the next step for you is to learn about general PP/DS functionality. Some people spend months (even years) getting up to speed in this area, learning how to gather business requirements, and then determining how to create a PP/DS solution that will satisfy those requirements. SAP offers some basic schools, and I suspect that locally you may be able to find some third party schools that will enhance your knowledge.

This forum is rather limited in what it can accomplish. I personally don't think that I could offer the volume of advice you would need, in a few 300 word posts. Your company may want to consider hiring a consulting company experienced with PP/DS implementations, to assist you in this project.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I am not able to access the links you shared

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/S16_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/S18_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Could you please help me on how can I access these resources?

Thanks

Subhash

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

the question is os basic that it is hard to answer. But you can look at the configuration guides fro SNP and PP/DS in the solution manager.