cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible 2 link existing SAP Support Message to SD Incident Ticket?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're going to implementing the functionality where we can create SAP Support Tickets via the action 'Send Message to SAP'.

I have two questions:

Since we have a couple of open SAP Messages that were created via the Support Portal we would like to create an Incident Ticket for them and then link them in the SAP Attributes tab. Is this possible?

Can you link more than one SAP Message to one ticket?

This is my first thread I open, I hope I didn't brake too many rules

Tx,

Bert.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Van Bilsen,

Don't worry, you did not break any rules

As far as I know, when you synchronize the messages from the OSS to your Solution Manager you can mark an option in RNOTIFUPDATE01 to create the messages in your Solution Manager. I am not aware of a way to assign manually a message to a SAP message.

As for the second question, it could probably be useful to assign several SAP messages to one Service Desk mesage, but this is not supported. The logic of the SAP messages is that you have one problem per message, and that if two messages refer to the same problem you close the duplicate. So if you use a similar approach in your Service Desk, the logical conclusion should be to have a 1:1 correspondance between SAP messages and Service Desk messages. Of course, this idea is not perfect and I can imagine that sometimes you might confirm a SAP message, come back to Service Desk, then see that the solution has a side effect and then you wish to open a second SAP message and assign it to the same message in your Service Desk. Unfortunately this is not supported.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I am talking to a pro could you maybe also answer these related questions?

1- Are attachments of an incident ticket also created in the support message ?

2- If so, if there are multiple attachments linked to an incident, can some of them them be deleted or can you select which?

3- When an incident is linked to a support message, and one closes the incident ticket, what happens to the Support Message?

Thanks.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Van Bilsen,

Answering your questions:

1 - Yes, provided that the relevant configuration is done

2 - I haven't been able to test this one operation in a Service Desk message.

3 - You mean an incident in the Service Desk and a support message at SAP' side? if this is the case, in the standard action profiles there are actions that, if everything runs smoothly, will close the support message when the incident is closed and viceversa. This is handled through PPF actions, so please take care when you create a new action profile.

Sorry about #2, I will get back to you on that when I am able to test.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ