Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoreaction method when SAP Instance is shut down

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will ask you to give me some ideas how to configure my Solution Manager CEN to send one email when one of my satellite systems connected to solution manager (CEN) with CCMS Agents.

I will list you the steps performed by me in order to configure the auto reaction method when one system has some problems:

On CEN system:

I created the config file with and user CSMREG

I created one copy of CCMS_OnAlert_Express_Email , configured and assigned to the respective MTE on that I want to monitor

On satellite systems I activated the CCMS Agents using config file generated by CEN system

My question is: How I will make my CEN system to send mail (auto reaction)when one of my satellite systems are down.

Can you please tell me what I have, or where I have to configure in CEN system to report me when one satellite systems is down?

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can not perform Availability Monitoring using CCMS Agents. CCMS agents are Installed on Satellite Systems and will report mostly performance related activities. CCMSPING Agent is a seperate agent and will be installed on Solution Manager. This agent will only observe Availability.

Pj.

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pj,

Thank you for your response.

I was able to perform the monitoring availability using CCMS Agents. In tx RZ21 -->Agents for Remote Systems, here select one agent and chose Self Monitoring of the Agents and you will get one list will al systems linked with your CEN.

Here, if you will expand the tree you will get one filed with name "Status". In my case this was what I wanted to have. You can also assign one auto reaction metthod and this will send one mail/message when the status will be changed from Active.

Thank you for your responses,

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with the above comment. You need to install a CCMSPING agent for availability monitoring. CCMSPING is different than regular CCMS Agent in that you only need one CCMSPING agent installed to start. The PING agent checks the status of systems.

It actually very useful for check availability from remote sites as well. Basically allowing you to monitor from different perspectives. One at the data center, one at a remote site, etc.

Once you have the agent installed you can goto to RZ21 > Technical Infrastructure > Availability Monitoring > Configure Monitoring to get started. You then choose the systems that agent will monitor.

Good luck!

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MichaelPytel,

My question is if I can monitor when one system is down using CCMS Agents. This agent doesn't have this option?

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

tiago_scherer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Florin,

CCMSPING is an agent. You should monitor the instance availability using it as described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/38/9e3337d7840ffee10000009b3810a5/frameset.htm

Regards,

Tiago

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiago,

Sorry, I wanted to ask if we can have this option (report when one instance is down) using the CCMS Agent that we have installed now (SAPCCMS4X for ABAP systems and SAPCCMSR for JAVA systems).

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install CCMSPING agent on solution manager and configure CCMSPING.

Pj