cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisition Committment and Availability Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using availability control based on usage 1 i.e. during the budget allocation/release, the availability control gets activated.

Now i have poject structure where a user have already created PR i.e. committment of 10000 USD and whereas i got an budget of 5000 USD. So when i go in CJ30 and CJ32, then system is not allowing me to release the budget as the existing committment is greater than the budget.

My question is that do this PR committment is to be considered as Real comittment. My understading is that if there is no budget then the committment of any type should not be allowed at first instance. How generally it works?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can stop the commitment by doing necessary changes in user status.

Please see in your project profile (OPSA) which user status is assigned and then do the needful in user status (OK02).

I hope this may solve your question about commitment.

Best Regards,

Krishna Singh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My understading is that if there is no budget then the committment of any type should not be allowed at first instance.

Rajesh, Not everybody will use the budgeting functionality for Project, So it is not forbidden in Std. SAP design. But, if you want to forbid posting of committment cost or actual cost before budgeting, then read these notes

Note 599813 - Availability control before budgeting

Note 602588 - Availability control before budgeting

Follow the suggestions mentioned in the note.

Is there anything by which we can avoid the committment creation by using the user status on WBS element (even though the commitment is created at activity, it gets rolled up to the parent WBS)?

As Gokul mentioned, you can restrict creation of PR on WBSE by User Status, but you cannot restrict rolling up of Commitment cost from activity to WBSE by any user status.

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Aug 13, 2010 3:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is real commitment, and as PR has been raised before the AVAC is activated thats why there is no error. You can reset tolerence limits and then reconstruct AVAC.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Your understanding is wrong. Even though there is no budget you can still generate commitments (PR,PO etc.). And this will be treated as real commitment. In your case user has created the PR even before AVAC was activated. In this case system will not allow you to release the budget. For releasing the budget you need to increase the budget in CJ30. But the availability control will not for the already created PR.

Now if you want AVAC to work please delete the PR that is created, change the budget amount accordingly and then create a PR to test if AVAC works.

For further details you can go through SAP help which explains how availability works in general.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i meant to say is if you activate AVAC after creating the PR system wont check AVAC for this. Only when you create a new commitment on top of the already created PR system will check the budget based on the released budget.

For eg. In your case if you increase the budget to 20000 and release it and then create a PR for a value of say 6000 the total commitment comes to 16000 (this includes the previously created PR for 10000). i.e 80% of your released budget Hence, if you have set up tolerance limits in such a way that at 80% system should give you a warning you will get this warning since AVAC is activated.

Based on the configuration you maintain for the tolerance limits system will not allow you to create PR (Commitment) if you dont have sufficient budget. Hope i have explained it clearly.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Can you please let me know how to delete the PR.

My other point is that SAP checks the avalable committments on the project during the availability control activation and budget during that time shouls be equal to or more that the total committments.

Is there anything by which we can avoid the committment creation by using the user status on WBS element (even though the commitment is created at activity, it gets rolled up to the parent WBS)?

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to control the creation of PR using User Status. You can even maintain authorizations for the same. Only an authorized person can set the User status.

In case you require details about how to achieve this please search the forum. There are a lot of threads on this.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can remove PR commitment from exhausting the budget by excluding the Purch Req. from activity group in tolerance limits setting. Even though system will continue to show PR as commitment but will not eat out the budget. If you want PR to not show as commitment, SAP offers a note(please search on service. sap.com). Alternatively if you are using report painter report, you can remove value type of PR commitment to appear in the report.

This way you can stop showing PR commitment in the costing reports.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe