cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Chapter Id in VA01/ VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have configured manufacturing location and other CFAs as Plants in SAP. Manufacturing location is relevant for Excise and same is maintained in Excise settings.

For certain materials which are not excisable are not maintained in J1ID transaction and all the excise items are maintained in J1ID transaction. The system is working perfectly for dispatches from Manufacturing location.

For dispatches from CFAs (Sales to customers), even if the CFA plant is not relevant to Excise, system is popping up an information message "Maintain Chapter ID for Material" in VA01/ VA02/ VF01/ VF02 transactions. We want to de activate the messge for sales from CFA location.

Can anyone provide some inputs into the requirement.

Regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, praveen

Thanks for the reply.

Actually it is needed for all the material, as all the material are excisable.

Can you give some input where i can set the same .

regards

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Praveen

Please help me out.

regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better if the message is assigned in Sales document creation level only. It does not looks logical that if material chapter id combination is not maintained in J1ID, excise invoice should not be saved. As per my understanding, you want to have the display of error message in J1IIN transaction.

In MV45AFZZ program (Sales Order Include), ask ABAPer to insert a system check in userext - "USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE" for each line item (VBAP - MATNR) whether the combincation is maintained in table J_1IMTCHID for plant and material combination. If the condition is not satisified, then system will not allow to save the sales order in VA01 transaction code. However if the combination is not maintained in J1Id, Excise condition values would not be derived in Sales order pricing conditions.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for the reply.

You understood the question.

Cleint requirement is , as alll the person (End User) not knowing if by mistakingly they have not maintain the material -chapterid combination then the system should popup the message please maintain the same.

As you told the user exist has to be done ,hope the problem is solved.

Thanks once again.

regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi praveen

I have one question in this regards

Can you help for this .

the excise invoice should not be saved if material-chapter id is not maintained in J1id.

The system should give the pop up message that the material -id is not maintained.

regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can insert the system check in creation of Sales Order. But, this check would be applicable for all material codes.

All material codes does not need an assignment of Chapter id if they are not excise related. In this case how would you tell the system to omit such material codes.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While you would have maintained the plant codes in "Excise Indicator for Plant" in J1ID and also in "Material and Chapter-Id combination" for manufacturing locations including "1" in the field "Declared" (Field name J_1IDECFLAG).

For CFAs, you can maintain the material and chapter id combination, you dont maintain "1" in the above field, so that you can avoid that message.

Alternatively, let me know the message number if you dont want to go with the above proposal.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Laxmi,

In J1ID, for some materials in Material Chapter Id combination, Declaration flag is maintained as N/M/G for manufacturing plant. Please refer below points.

Excise indicator for CFA plant is maintained as "0"

It is huge activity to maintain Material Chapter Id combination for all CFAs.

If the Plant code is deleted from "Excise indicator for Plant" would help in not displaying the message?

Thanks & regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can anyone help me please..

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can any one help me please.