cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to stop automatic generation of excise invoice for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am creating Profroma Invoice just after Sales Order in export cycle. While saving the proforma invoice, system automatically generates excise invoice.

Will you please guide me how to stop the Proforma Invoice from automatic generation of excise invoice?

With regards,

Jhelum Roy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the excise group for the transaction.

The follow the following path in SPRO:

IMG - LG- Tax on Goods Movements-India-Basic Settings-Maintain Excise Groups

There uncheck the box EXCISE INV DURING BILLING

As, this will create Excise Invoice automatically. So, it instructs the system to automatically create an outgong excise invoice immediately you create a commercial invoice or a pro forma invoice. The system creates the excise invoice in the background.

Also, If you want to make use of this function, you must also define the default plant, excise group, and series groups in Customizing for Excise Duty, by choosing Business Transactions -> Outgoing Excise Invoices -> Maintain Default Excise Groups and Series Groups.

If that is uncheck already, create & post inv single step indicator

As, this is automatic posting for J1IS and it instructs the system to automatically verify and post excise invoices that you create using the Excise Invoices for Other Movements transaction.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sir, for answering my question.

But Sir, I want to stop automatic generation of Excise Invoice only in case of Proforma Invoice.

When Billing document will be created, it will lead to automatic generation of Excise Invoice but not in case of Proforma Invoice.

Please help me out.

With regards,

Jhelum Roy.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In

IMG - LG-tax on goods movement-india-business transactions-outgoing invoices

check Assign Billing Types to Delivery Types

You may need to delete Delv & Proforma Invoice here, and setup copying control tcode VTFL.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I want to stop automatic generation of Excise Invoice only in case of Proforma Invoice

Not sure what exactly the scenario is. But you can consider generating export proforma against sale order instead of delivery so that excise invoice will not be created automatically.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you JP Sir.

Your solution solved my problem completely.

With regards,

Jhelum Roy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you JP Sir.

Your solution solved my problem completely.

With regards,

Jhelum Roy.

Answers (0)